Routine Automation collected all you need to know and combined it into an introduction to Salesforce. What does Salesforce do exactly? How to use Salesforce? In this article, we will talk about Salesforce meaning, Salesforce advantages, and a Salesforce pricing plan answering the most asked questions about Salesforce. So, let’s start with a Salesforce definition.
What is Salesforce?
You can use two definitions to describe Salesforce. The first one says that Salesforce is a customer relationship management software that provides cloud-based solutions to manage interactions between prospects, customers and partners. The second one can describe Salesforce as a software development company headquartered in San Francisco, California founded by Marc Benioff specialized in providing SaaS platforms for sales, marketing and service and can be packaged and sold as traditional software. The explanations are the core of what Salesforce do.
What is Salesforce Used For?
How we previously mentioned Salesforce is a platform that helps your business to unite sales, marketing and service building one cloud-based CRM to use anywhere and anytime. Salesforce represents a Customer 360 platform solution giving you a single view of a customer. With Salesforce Customer 360 you can easily understand the needs of customers at all life-cycle stages. So, can you imagine a customer in the middle? A Salesforce platform with the help of Customer 360 aims to unite all business departments around a customer in the following way:
- Sales teams can sell smarter and faster from anywhere.
- Marketers individually nurture leads and engage customers using different digital channels.
- Customer support departments provide omnichannel support effectively addressing customers’ challenges and thus improving customer experience.
- eCommerce owners can launch an eCommerce platform giving a user-friendly interface for customers to use and make a purchase.
What are the Key Salesforce Products?
Salesforce to close all customers’ needs has designed the next cloud-based solutions:
- What is Salesforce?
- What is Salesforce used for?
- What are the Key Salesforce products?
- Salesforce Sales Cloud & CPQ
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud & Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (formerly Pardot)
- Salesforce Service Cloud & FSL
- Salesforce Experience Cloud (formerly Community Cloud)
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Salesforce Sales Cloud & CPQ
Sales Cloud by Salesforce is one of the most popular products aimed at saving sales teams time and reorganizing it on more prioritized tasks.
Key Features, Tools & Adds-on of Sales Cloud
- Opportunity Management to manage and track sales opportunities.
- Sales Automation to improve sales teams’ productivity by automating routine daily tasks.
- Forecast Management to make data-driven decisions with help of AI.
- Revenue Cloud is a revenue platform with CPQ, Billing and Subscription management to deliver sales teams functions on one platform.
- Sales Engagement is a platform for sales managers to interact with customers, and manage, update and access CRM data within one platform.
- Territory Planning to distribute and allocate resources smarter by tracking alignment history.
Don't forget to check out: Salesforce Service Cloud for Better Customer Service
Salesforce Marketing Cloud & Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (formerly Pardot)
Marketing Cloud & Marketing Cloud Account Engagement by Salesforce are the second most popular Salesforce products to use. These Salesforce products allow B2C & B2B businesses to take marketing to a new level by implementing the following features.
Key Features, Tools & Adds-on of Marketing Cloud
- Email Management with Email Studio, AMP Script and Audience Segmentation.
- Mobile messaging and push via Mobile Studio.
- Landing pages and forms built via Web Studio.
- Cross-channel marketing automation is provided by Automation Studio.
- Salesforce CRM integration delivered by Salesforce Connector and Audience Builder.
- Einstein Recommendation feature using Behavioral Triggers, web and email recommendations.
- Analytics with prebuild reports and Datorama.
Key Features, Tools & Adds-on of Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (formerly Pardot)
- Lead Generation and Management via form handlers and tags.
- Lead Qualification with scoring and grading.
- Audience Segmentation is delivered by dynamic lists.
- Email marketing with email template builder, preference and subscription management.
- Web marketing is provided by landing pages and website activity tracking.
- Marketing automation is delivered by engagement program, completion actions and automation rules.
- Campaign Management to create, modify, synchronize and archive marketing campaigns.
- ROI reporting with predefined reports and dashboards.
- Einstein technology provides forecasting with the help of AI.
Salesforce Service Cloud & FSL
Service Cloud is a customer service software invented by Salesforce to provide customer support efficiently and faster through multiple channels and ways.
Key Features, Tools & Adds-on of Service Cloud
- Omni-channel to let customer support departments manage as many communication channels as they want.
- Case Management helps to cover the whole case lifecycle, starting from creation and ending with closure.
- Service Console represents the ultimate personal workspace for every agent and provides a very convenient view of each case.
- Knowledge Base as a comprehensive knowledge base to empower them to find needed answers and deal with cases faster.
- Process Automation to save agents’ and managers’ time to close cases.
- Field Service lets service agents cooperate with field workers to close cases.
- Self-service Sites allow customers to access your knowledge base and find solutions by themselves, a chat inside can help customers to ask agents for help.
- Einstein Bots can free some of your agents’ time and provide customers with answers to trivial questions.
- Service Analytics powered by Salesforce Einstein provides insights into department and agent performance. You can see reports of different complexity.
Salesforce Experience Cloud (formerly Community Cloud)
Experience Cloud is one of Salesforce’s products to create secure portals, websites and apps for customers, partners and users. This Salesforce technology can be also integrated with Salesforce Clouds to build an enhanced experience, connect your customers and grow partner sales.
Key Features, Tools & Adds-on of Experience Cloud (formerly Community Cloud)
- Knowledge article with featured and navigation topics to organize information and topics in an Experience Cloud site.
- Audiences and readymade templates allow us to define, target and personalize the audience.
- eCommerce to build an Experience Cloud site for the storefront to serve the pages of B2B Commerce.
- Chat and Web-to-Case form to deliver better customer experience easier and faster.
Check out an amazing Salesforce video tutorial here: How to Build an Email Using Content Builder in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Commerce Cloud is a Salesforce product designed as a commerce platform for B2B and B2C eCommerce owners to deliver better customer experience and thus grow orders.
Key Features, Tools & Adds-on of Commerce Cloud
- Self-Service to let customers track and manage their purchases.
- Product Data and Catalogs to deliver a better experience via a user-friendly interface.
- Customer-specific Pricing allows streamlining the price generation for specific customers.
- Inventory Management to inform customers about the goods in stock, their quantity and availability.
- Mobile Responsiveness represents multiple devices approach for customers to be implemented to enhance customer experience.
- Price on Request enables customers to submit their requests if they are interested in specific products.