Salesforce Data Migration Services - Here are All the Details you Need
Companies may choose to move from one CRM to the next for a variety of reasons. It can be an indication that a company is expanding and has outgrown its CRM. However, it could also indicate that the CRM system is not performing well, lacks integration capabilities, or data loss.
Companies may also wish to move to a new CRM system because of high maintenance costs or user-friendliness. No matter the reason, migrating from one CRM system is difficult and can often be difficult. Salesforce is a CRM platform that gives businesses an advantage over other systems. Salesforce is the preferred choice for startups and large corporations around the world.
This blog post will discuss CRM migration, its challenges and the steps you can take to prepare for\[ Salesforce Data Migration Services.
What is Salesforce CRM Migration?
A CRM migration is a process of migrating a company's processes and data from an old CRM to a brand-new one. This could happen from an on-premise CRM to one that is cloud-based or vice versa.
What are the Challenges of CRM Data Migration?
Migration of CRM data is difficult because of the differences in CRM systems and the data quality. Let's look at some of the key factors that make migration difficult.
- Problematic data source: Many businesses operate in silos, and their data is often the same. These disparate data sources can cause problems when migrating such as duplicates, missing data, incorrect data, etc. Many organizations assume that the new CRM system will automatically integrate it into their infrastructure. This is impossible without an accurate understanding of the source data. It also requires thorough cleaning and sorting.
- You will encounter differences in the components of CRM systems when migrating. These differences can make it difficult to identify which objects you will need to transfer your data. Your CRM system may have a Customer Object which contains contact information such as name, company, address and phone number. Your new CRM system might only have two objects, such as Account or Contact.
- Integration Capabilities: All CRM systems are capable of working with third-party systems. Not all of the integrations in your existing CRM system will work with the new CRM system. Your migration partner may need to create a custom integration layer in order to ensure that all third-party integrations are compatible with the new CRM system. This will, however, make your migration project more labour-intensive, time-consuming and expensive.
Don't forget to check out: Review of Top 5 Free Salesforce Data Cleansing Tools [+ Salesforce Data Cleansing Best Practices]
Types of migration in Salesforce CRM
Salesforce is the most widely used CRM platform across all industries. Salesforce holds the largest share of the global CRM market at 19.5% for 2020. Companies need to adapt their CRM to meet changing business requirements. Salesforce offers three types of migration:
- Migration from Other CRM Platforms to Salesforce is easy. Salesforce has many functionalities, including Einstein, that are user-friendly, customizable, and scalable. Salesforce's expansion into other industries and its specific Clouds are two of the main reasons companies choose to migrate to it.
- Salesforce Lightning is a new way to connect with customers. It offers a simple interface and less code that will help you increase team productivity, accelerate application development, improve ROI, and make your business more profitable. Salesforce Lightning Experience (LEX), which provides reports and dashboards, Einstein capabilities and snap-ins, Kanban views, Kanban view and other features that simplify daily operations for your sales team, is also available. Migration from Classic to Lightning can be difficult if you don't have the right planning, research and testing.
- Migration from One Salesforce Org To Another: This type of migration is required when multiple departments of large companies have Salesforce Orgs. If the current Org's data structure is not scalable, companies can migrate to another Salesforce Org.
Salesforce Data Migration: Preparing
Although it can be difficult to conduct a successful Salesforce data transfer, it is possible if you are fully prepared and have the right partner. There are many Salesforce data migrations that are unique depending on the data size and accuracy. Here are some steps to help you make a smooth transition.
- Building your Data Model: Moving your data to a different system provides you with a fresh canvas. This is a chance to simplify your model and clean up your data. Your Salesforce Org will be scalable if you have a well-planned data model.
- Data Selection: Different teams may use different tools. A CRM is likely to hold most information about sales processes. But customer service teams may be using a different platform. You have multiple sources of truth for different data types. It is therefore important to choose the right data from each system, and only useable data are selected for migration.
- Data cleaning: Clean your data before you import it into Salesforce. Clean data will ensure that Salesforce data integrity remains intact so users can access valuable information.
- Migration: This second phase is where data is transferred from the source system into your Salesforce Org. The type of resources available, the number of records and the complexity of the source data will all impact the migration process.
- Quality Assurance: Once all your data has been transferred into Salesforce, it is important to verify that everything was done correctly. Also, ensure that relationships between data tables are properly reflected.
- Data Cleaning after Migration: This is to make sure there are no duplicates that can occur when data is merged from more than one source. Data cleanup after migration will ensure that Salesforce users have the best possible experience.
Check out another amazing blog by Chloe here: 5 Advantages of Using The Salesforce Data Migration Tool in Your Organization
Although Salesforce data migration can be complex, it has many business benefits. Salesforce is the best CRM platform to use for scalable CRM functionality and features that simplify sales and service.
Are you planning to migrate to Salesforce Let's talk!
We are a trusted Salesforce consultant and service provider. Our experts are happy to answer any questions you may have about migrating from Classic Experience to Lightning Experience. Drop us a note at [email protected]