The client is a leading Bike Aggregator in the US, a start-up that has recently raised multi-million-dollar investment. They have a public-private partnership model of operation and work along with the local government to facilitate traffic decongestion and green commuting. The client employs business intelligence along with a peer-network to enable bike sharing across multiple cities. Their goal is to develop a data-driven omnichannel platform for short-distance eco-friendly commuting in congested cities.
The client’s field service app had limited capabilities, and could not scale to support the company’s robust growth. The client needed a best in the class mobile application to:
Don't forget to check out: Sort Picklist Values in Lightning Component | Salesforce Tutorials
The client also needed to automate scheduling management and provide riders the real-time information so that the bikes and docks are available where and when they need it. There was a pressing need for a robust solution to predict demand surge during special events and the corresponding availability of bike corrals and corral attendants.
After a detailed due-diligence, Damco was shortlisted to provide a best in class FSL solution without increasing the overhead cost. Being a startup, the client does not want this solution to become a financial nightmare, and concurrently do not want to lose their focus on their business growth.
Damco’s seasoned consultants immediately understood the client’s concerns and advised the client to leverage the ecosystem of the world’s # 1 CRM, Salesforce to mitigate these challenges. Salesforce’s Field Service Lightning (FSL) is the best product to streamline inventory management, schedule bike-shares, and docks with real-time data regarding bike availability. Damco deployed FSL to provide mobile access for riders and corral attendants and track bike stock in real-time using the Salesforce app. FSL Managed Package is installed to integrate scheduling policies, global actions, and optimization rules. FSL mobile application is deployed to enable communication with riders and corral agents while mapping new processes and workflows. We also created rules to disallow scheduling based on real-time weather conditions.
- FSL Managed Package
- FSL Mobile App
- Inventory Management Functions
- Map and Navigation
For a seamless transition into the new Salesforce environment, Damco developed a guided-learning approach for the client workforce. Stakeholders and resources were suggested completing recommended Trails followed by sessions with an SME.
- Reduced wait-time during rush hours
- Optimal utilization of under-utilized docks
- Efficient customer support through Chatter
Key Services Offered
- Salesforce FSL Managed Package
- Salesforce FSL Mobile App Development
- Lightning Process Automation
- Lightning Component Development
- The client gained real-time service-centric visibility. The entire workforce could collaborate on one platform for more efficient services to riders.
- With optimized workflows otherwise siloed teams and processes were unified and gained granular visibility in each share request.
- Customer support agents and corral attendants could track the influx/efflux of bikes, reducing wait time significantly % during rush hour.
- Through real-time availability status, underutilized bike docks could be optimally utilized thereby decreasing rush at popular stations.
- Consistent customer experience in requesting a ride, locating the nearest dock, connecting customer support agents through Chatter.
- Enhanced bike well-being by showing the location of nearby service docks and prompting rider with safety tips.
Check out another amazing blog by Reena here: Instantly Deploy Free COVID-19 Care Response Solution with Global Salesforce Implementation Partner
At Damco, we take pride in building innovative, efficient, and robust IT solutions for our clients. As a leading Salesforce Silver Partner in the US, our expertise spans Salesforce Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Commerce Cloud, and App Cloud. Having developed a proprietary cloud-based comprehensive Field Service Software Solution– OptimaPro on Salesforce platform, we are uniquely positioned in deploying solutions to address the challenges of managing mobile workforce and field service operations across industries. We build and manage dedicated development teams— onsite and offshore, provide cutting-edge technology support letting our clients focus on strategy and business development.
We enable organizations across industries to maximize their Salesforce investments:
- Salesforce Silver Consulting Partner, 30+ Salesforce Consultants, 400+ Person Years of Experience in Salesforce.
- Certified Salesforce professionals skilled in managing a wide range of Salesforce projects, complex integrations, and product implementation.
Salesforce global partner with resource availability in the US, Europe, and India.