Focussing on lead conversion, it can be understood as a process of converting a lead to account, contact, and/or opportunity. Lead generation in Salesforce can be done in a number of ways like from filling a form, through the campaign, through email or online interactions through websites, and many more. A Lead can be a client in the future or a potential opportunity and can be termed as an unqualified opportunity. Leads can be entered in Salesforce manually or by using an automated web to lead processes or using any Salesforce integration with automated business processes.
In Salesforce, data integrity is the major part so that the information is not overwritten or critical data can’t be lost easily. Managing leads in Salesforce can be achieved by customizing lead assignment rules or just doing the manual lead conversion. It is appreciated to follow best practices while doing the lead conversion. The data from forms are captured and mapped to the respective fields in the lead.
Don't forget to check out: Increase your sales and boost your profits with the power of QuickBooks and Salesforce
Converting a Lead
- Find the lead that needs to be converted, then click Convert for that record detail.
- Provide the information needed for the conversion, select an existing account, or give the name for the new Account.
- You can either create an opportunity or just decline the creation of opportunity by checking the checkbox.
- If the requirement is to add a follow-up task then you can do that too.
- Click on Convert.
Hence, lead converted successfully.
Customizing lead Conversion
According to the requirement and needs of the business process, the lead conversion can be customized.
- Workflow rules can be accomplished to send emails to the potential lead after the conversion is completed providing them with the direct contact details.
- Sales teams can get in touch with the converted leads as they are now the critical and qualified opportunity.
- Automation of the lead conversion process through batch class or any other integrated tool with salesforce.
Best Practices for Lead Conversion
Efficient Lead management system
It deals with the Sales team. The business must have an interactive lead capturing process so that the lead enters the business. Customers must experience a smooth process from start to closure. Lead generation should get attention as it is the start point.
Lead list management
Leads must be converted in a period of time and if they are not qualified for the conversion then it must be deleted from the lead’s list. There must be no space for duplicate leads as this might lead to business predictions going off track.
Lead conversion on Time
There must be no delay in the lead conversion process. As it is more important to focus on the fact that the lead should not be lying there for a long period of time, as leads must be converted. In most of the business scenarios, lead conversion is followed to an immediate process as soon as the lead is generated.
Check out another amazing blog by Anjali here: Artificial Intelligence in Salesforce Einstein - An Overview
Focussing on Customer experience
In the end, it is about keeping the customer satisfied with the experience they will have on their journey. If customers won’t feel the need to be further associated with the business due to fewer interactions or any bad experience then the lead’s list will fall off. And in the hurry of lead conversion, the professionalism of doing business and in quality should not be compromised.