The manufacturing sector has witnessed a complete, factory-wide digital makeover. The industries have leveraged technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and blockchain. Salesforce for manufacturing leads this race of technologies, providing manufacturing companies every capability that speeds up their processes while improving work efficiency.
The digital transformation has a significant effect on the factory floor and associated supply chain, improving the business side of manufacturing. Salesforce has a great role to play in the manufacturing sector, providing customized features that help to optimize sales productivity.
Using Salesforce for Manufacturing to Optimize Productivity
With the need to gain more business, manufacturing companies are making every effort to speed up their work while smoothly managing the expansion. Here’s how organizations have been using Salesforce for manufacturing to optimize productivity.
1. Emphasize on Things That Matter
Studies show that manufacturing sales reps spend 37% of their time selling in a week. They spend time checking account history, contact information, or order status, which can be stated as the time lost on closing deals. This can contribute to sales representatives missing quota. This is where manufacturing sales representatives can leverage Salesforce Einstein to use AI as the technology to improve sales efficiency.
Salesforce helps the sales team allocate their time more efficiently by:
- Making it easier and time-saving to manage administrative tasks, like entering email, meeting, and contact data, while spending more time selling.
- It helps minimize the use of discrete tools by sales representatives by providing custom fields and capabilities.
- Salesforce allows account representatives to identify the opportunities which hold more promise and help prioritize those.
Don't forget to check out: Salesforce for Manufacturing: How to Digitize Your Sales Processes
2. Speed Up the Delivery
Speed and manufacturing go hand-in-hand. Speedy manufacturing ensures quick production, which makes it easier to deliver to customer demands. But agile principles or lean manufacturing might end up being limited on the production line. Customers these days expect responsiveness and speed, and Salesforce for manufacturing helps to deliver that. Here’s how Salesforce helps to speed up delivery:
- It helps new team members to ramp up and quickly understand the patterns and processes to manage data and speed up operations.
- Salesforce provides the process to handle inbound leads and automatically route the leads.
- The Salesforce platform helps to keep conversations meaningful by easily segmenting all customer and employee conversations.
3. Integration for Sales Productivity
Sales teams with multiple systems need to prioritize the highest value activities with minimal time spent switching. Still, sales representatives might have to use multiple tools, which takes up a lot of their time.
Salesforce for manufacturing helps to reduce the number of necessary tools to deal with data sources. But while you use Salesforce, there are some issues that you might need to consider and fix first:
- Know the way to get the real-time product, price, and customer data from systems to manage orders and quickly resolve cases.
- Integrating third-party applications into your CRM.
4. Better Customer Relationships through Quoting
The ultimate goal of your business is to close more deals. This is where it matters how good you are at creating quotes. For manufacturers with numerous product catalogs, it can be a manual, error-prone process to prepare a quote that might slow down the deal flow frustrate prospects.
Here’s everything important for pricing:
- The sales reps should be aware of the process of generating a quote and the time it takes to do so.
- The representatives should position the services and warranties right when doing the pricing.
- It is also important to know how to collaborate with distributors and resellers and the channel used to sharing the product catalog.
Check out another amazing blog by 360 Degree Cloud here: How to Choose a Cloud Platform for Your Business App? | Salesforce Guide
Leverage Salesforce for Manufacturing for your Business
The manufacturing industry is only going to get more complex and competitive. This will open opportunities for savvy players to implement advanced technologies to increase productivity and delivery.
Start your digital transformation journey by leveraging Salesforce for your manufacturing business and achieve significant growth possibilities and maximum efficiency.