Customers want personalized experiences.
In order to give customers what they want, you need to integrate the tools your teams use to serve them.
Integrating Salesforce and Jira enables you to break free of siloed communication and build cross-team collaboration.
In this blog post, you’ll learn more about what to keep in mind when integrating Salesforce & Jira, and how to integrate the two platforms to get secure bidirectional synchronization.
Why You Should Integrate Salesforce and Jira
Research shows that approximately 75% of growing companies use more than one application to run their business.
While customer support/service teams use Salesforce, product/engineering teams make use of Jira for project management.
By bringing together customer-facing and back-end teams, you enable them to work in unison towards delivering highly-personalized customer experiences.
In fact, connected teams demonstrate an increase in profitability over less-connected counterparts.
Don't forget to check out: Salesforce Integration Tutorial | Integrate Salesforce with Apps
Things to Keep in Mind When Integrating Salesforce & Jira
So, you’ve decided to integrate Salesforce and Jira using a connector.
Here are a few use-cases that a Salesforce-Jira connector must enable you with:
- Create a new Jira issue from Salesforce
- Change Jira status from Salesforce
- Sync attachments and comments
- Centralize updates on Salesforce and Jira
- Search and link Jira issues from Salesforce
In addition to the above, here are features that a connector must have:
- Easy configuration with the ability to define field mappings & rule/process workflows
- Salesforce-native and Lightning-ready
- Multiple objects syncing with standard and custom objects
- Advanced search capabilities
- Support for multiple languages
- Advanced reporting to track the number of cases escalated as Jira issues
Building a Synergized Workflow With Sinergify
At Grazitti, the Salesforce aces have a built Sinergify, a Salesforce-native, Lightning-ready Salesforce-Jira connector.
Apart from the use-cases and features mentioned above, Sinergify enables you to integrate:
- Service Cloud & Jira Software
- Service Cloud & Jira Core
- Sales Cloud & Jira Core
- Sales Cloud & Jira Service Desk
- Sales Cloud & Jira Software
- Community Cloud & Jira Service Desk
- Community Cloud & Jira Software
Check out another amazing blog by Shubham here: Driving Online Communities With Dynamic Gamification | Salesforce
Sinergify Now Comes Packed With a Jira Plugin
With the Jira plugin, you get secure bidirectional synchronization between Salesforce and Jira.
Here’s what it enables you to do:
- Search for Salesforce records in Jira
- Configure the visibility of Salesforce fields in Jira
- View linked Salesforce records in Jira
- Link/unlink Salesforce records in Jira
- Get support for multiple Salesforce objects
In this blog post, you read about what to keep in mind when integrating Salesforce & Jira, and how to integrate the platforms.
With Sinergify, you get bidirectional synchronization between Salesforce and Jira, and more!
At Grazitti, we’ve built Sinergify to enable you to combine the power of Salesforce and Jira and make the best of both worlds.
Should you want to know more, please write to us at [email protected], and Team Sinergify will take it from there.