Cloud Computing has taken over the operations for enterprises, small and medium scale businesses to the virtual cloud. Operations over the cloud are effective in cost reduction, data security, scalability, and much more.
This has been the primary reason for businesses who are willing to opt out for cloud-based software. While we are talking about cloud-based software, Quickbooks and Salesforce are two of the most used cloud-based software.
Quickbooks is the leading account management software packages/platforms developed and marketed by Intuit. It provides an easy to comprehend user interface and templates/formats for tracking your revenue and expenses, tax management, etc.
Salesforce, on the other hand, standouts as #1 CRM software solutions bringing companies and customers together. It’s one integrated and unified CRM platform for all your departments including marketing, sales, commerce, and service in a single, shared view for every customer.
Quickbooks and Salesforce can be categorized as two different cloud-based software, with functionalities serving in different customer-centric approaches. But how are businesses going to deal with this gap? For businesses in the need of Quickbooks and Salesforce through a unified platform, Quickbooks and Salesforce Integration comes handy for them.
Don't forget to check out: Salesforce to Salesforce Integration Using SOAP API
That’s why businesses prefer to integrate Quickbooks and Salesforce for purposes such as:
- Having data readily available from either application
- Ensure data quality
- Automate internal processes
Apart from them, there is a multitude of benefits associated with the integration of Salesforce and Quickbooks:
By combining Quickbooks and Salesforce together, your field sales representative has an opportunity to access and analyze sales data whenever they need it. In this way, businesses are finding it easier to increase their sales opportunities.
The cloud computing solutions that Salesforce offers also contribute to keeping businesses in touch with their customers in their efforts to improve customer loyalty and retention, and increase profitability.
Developing Marketing Strategies
By collecting and analyzing customer feedback and learning consumer preferences, businesses are gaining the advantage of serving their customers better.
Knowing what customers want aids businesses in developing more effective marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns, customer loyalty programs, and special sales promotions that can help drive their business growth.
Integrating QuickBooks with Salesforce provides users with a practical way to connect customer information with the financial aspects of a business.
This process of data sharing allows businesses to share key data, including sales information. By integrating the two applications, a business has access to all kinds of financial and customer information, making it easier to create invoices and accounts receivable, track orders, and manage inventory.
Organizing Customer Data
Salesforce offers customer relationship management (CRM) applications – valuable business tools that give businesses an advantage in strengthening and maintaining customer relationships.
CRM applications, which focus on sales, marketing, and support, allow businesses to organize customer data and keep customer histories in one place, eliminating the need to enter data more than once.
After going through the benefits, let’s move through the ways to integrate Quickbooks and Salesforce together.
How are Quickbooks and Salesforce Integrated Together?
Some of the popular ways to integrate Quickbooks and Salesforce together are:
- QuickBooks Desktop’s Web Connector
- RESTful API in QuickBooks Online
Let’s discuss these two in details:
1) QUICKBOOKS DESKTOP WEB CONNECTOR:
QuickBooks web connector relies majorly on web services that are built on Java. The connector is responsible for synchronization & movement of data between QuickBooks and Salesforce Integration. It is one of the secure methods of integration and moreover, it is a built-in component of QuickBooks. It facilitates scheduling tasks to run at a particular time or date automatically.
Advantages of using Quickbooks Web Connector:
- Built-in component of Quickbooks
- Schedule jobs to run at intervals, fixed times, or dates automatically
Disadvantages of using Quickbooks Web Connector :
- There is no API to help QuickBooks understand the data it gets from Salesforce
- The absence of API can cause duplicates hence verified account names are identical in both the systems
- It takes longer to process data because it uses XML tree
2) REST APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE:
This method requires an online account with QuickBooks & Salesforce. Usually, a third-party app is used to integrate and synchronize the data. There are a lot of popular integration apps available these days such as eShopSync for Quickbooks, DBSync, Workato, Boomi, Autofu, etc. It is an easy and well-defined integration technique.
Advantages of using REST API:
- Effortless to understand
- Easy output when using JSON input
Disadvantages of using REST API:
- Scheduling jobs is manual with CRON
- Needs added security for using services
- Secure data transfers through HTTPS
Check out an amazing tutorial video by: Salesforce Integration Cloud - Connect Devices, Data and Customers
How eShopSync for Quickbooks helps in integrating Quickbooks and Salesforce?
eShopSync for Quickbooks leverage Quickbooks and Salesforce Integration with the concept of service-first approach. It allows you to sync Invoice, Payments, Estimates from QuickBooks to Salesforce CRM.
Advantages of using eShopSync for Quickbooks and Salesforce Integration are:
- Synchronization of QuickBooks data at Salesforce end to avail CRM benefits
- Synchronization of Categories from QuickBooks to Salesforce end
- Customers synchronization as Accounts and Contacts at Salesforce end
- Orders and Products synchronization to manage unlimited products and Inventory
- Provides unified Salesforce platform to manage both QuickBooks and CRM data
- Salesforce Centric configuration concept to avail hassle free environment
- Users concept to track placed Orders and their info
- Interactive design with user interface at Salesforce end adding on effective data utilization
Here are some key features that you can look forward to when you use eShopSync for Quickbooks:
- Interactive UI: Our interactive UI feature has been designed with service first approach for businesses to create customized dashboards reports for user-specific targeting and much more.
- Field Mapping: Our Field Mapping feature allows you to map the standard fields of QuickBooks to the Salesforce end with the compatible data type. In our field mapping section, you can map the custom fields of QuickBooks to the Salesforce fields.
- Real-time Synchronization: Our Real-Time Synchronization Feature allows you to sync data in real-time using webhook as an api to save time and hence ensuring consistency in data records from Quickbooks to Salesforce.
- Matching Criteria: Through our Matching Criteria feature, you can prevent duplicate records to be created in Salesforce. You can match the records from both the platforms based on different fields like Email or Contact Number and the records of these data will only sync if the values in these fields match.
- 360 Degree View: Our 360 Degree view feature allows you to have a unified and integrated platform for all your customer’s data in a single shared screen.
Salesforce and Quickbooks are two powerful technologies when integrated together dual the effect of powerful tools for businesses planning to integrate Quickbooks and Salesforce together.
Integrating these two powerful tools can enhance the productivity of both the platforms to a whole new level. Not only it simplifies the accounting system and lead generation in Salesforce, it additionally reduces the burden of the finance team and lets sales team work independently.
Our platform for eShopSync for Quickbooks is a powerful amalgamation of these technologies coming together in a unified platform to entice business users. Consult our Salesforce Consultants to dig down deeper on Quickbooks and Salesforce Integration.