This is the important part to understand clearly as an administrator. In this blog we are going to learn about how the data is imported and exported in Salesforce.
- Data is information, and information should be managed in an efficient manner.
- To manage our data in an efficient manner, we have to know about data management.
- We use the Data Model as a storage layout to store the data efficiently.
Some Terms and Features of Data Management:
Checkbox: We can either check or uncheck a record in this type of field. When we import data into Salesforce, it shows “1” or “0” that means check or uncheck value.
Data Export: In this type of field, we export data in “.csv” format from the Salesforce.
Data Recovery: We can recover our data within 15 days of data deletion.. Always backup our data based on regularly scheduled reports and export them as securely-stored .csv files.
Dirty Data: The data which are broken, incorrect or out of date, called Dirty data.
Date/time fields: This field shows date and time on data which we import or export in Salesforce.
The Activity Which We Do With Sample Record:
- We Create records – Import.
- We edit and have an existence record – Update.
- We can Delete records at any time.
- We can export information about records.
- We can transfer ownership of the records.
Don't forget to check out: Salesforce Data Management - Data Loader - Insert, Update, Upsert, Export, Delete
Data Management Tools in Salesforce :
Data Import Wizard:
- We can populate up to 50,000 records at a time.
- We can Accounts, Contacts, Lead, solutions and all custom objects in this.
- Deduplication can happen.
- We can do many operations like Insert, Update, Upsert.
- Can handle all standard and custom objects.
- Deduplication cannot take place.
- We can perform many operations in Insert, Update, Upsert, delete, Hard delete, export, export all operations can be done.
Follow Those Steps Earlier Than You Begin Uploading Any Statistics:
- Use your present software program to create an export record.
- Clean up the import record for accuracy and consistency. This entails updating the statistics to do away with duplicates, delete useless information, accurate spelling and different errors, and implement naming conventions.
- Compare your statistics fields with the Salesforce fields you could import into, and affirm that your statistics could be mapped into the best Salesforce fields. You would possibly want to fine-music the mapping earlier than beginning the import.
- Make any configuration adjustments required in Salesforce to deal with the imported statistics. For example, you may want to create new custom fields, upload new values to picklists, or briefly deactivate workflow rules.
Data Export Service:
- It is a browser service we can access through Setup Menu.
- We can Export data Once in a Week or once a month. It means any one can export data once every 7 days or 29 days.
- In corporate editions, performance and unlimited, weekly exports are available.
- Any One can generate backup data only every 29 days.
- Data Loader is a client application that every one must install separately.
- Only not from UI you can also operate it with command line.
Check out an amazing Salesforce Infographics here: The Deluge of Data — And What to Do With It
Follow Those Steps to Export Records the Use of the Data Export Service:
- From Setup, input Data Export withinside the Quick Find box, then pick out Data Export and Export Now or Schedule Export.
- The Export Now alternative prepares your documents for export immediately. This alternative is best to be had if sufficient time has exceeded on the grounds that your remaining export.
- The Schedule Export alternative lets you to time table the export technique for weekly or month-to-month intervals.
- Select the preferred encoding on your export file.
- If you need images, documents, attachments, and so forth protected for your records, pick out the perfect options.
- Select Replace carriage returns with areas to have areas as opposed to carriage returns or line breaks for your export documents. This is beneficial in case you plan to apply your export documents for uploading or different integrations.
- If you are scheduling your export, pick out the frequency, begin and give up dates, and time of day on your scheduled export.
- Under Exported Data, pick out the forms of records to consist of for your export. We advocate which you pick out Include all records in case you’re now no longer acquainted with the terminology used for a number of the forms of records.
- Click Start Export or Save. Salesforce creates a zipper archive of CSV documents and emails you whilst it is ready. Exports will be whole as quickly as possible, but we cannot assure the date and time the export will be whole. Large exports are damaged up into more than one document. Follow the hyperlink withinside the electronic mail or click on Data Export to download the zip file. Zip documents are deleted forty eight hours after the email is sent.