A reporting picture helps you to record historic records. Authorized customers can keep tabular or summary document outcomes to fields on a custom object, then map those fields to corresponding fields on a target object. They can then time table when to run the file to load the custom item's fields with the report's records. Reporting snapshots enable you to do your work with file facts in addition to how you figure with other facts in Salesforce.
Once you have your source report from which you want to take your snapshots then further you can easily make a reporting snapshot by just click and field mapping.
Don't forget to check out: API Versions in Salesforce - All You Need to Know
Steps to follow:
- From setup, search reporting snapshot and click on new reporting snapshot.
- Provide the Name of your reporting snapshot and all the required fields.
- Most importantly now, select your source report and the target object.
- Source report - You have to select your report from which you want your snapshot to be saved.
- Target object - This is the object on which you want to save your report snapshot. You can select any custom object too.
- Then click on Save & Edit Field mappings.
- Now you have to map the fields of your source report to the fields of your target object. Field mapping can only be done when the type of field on the report and the type of field on the object both match.
- After mapping, you have to select the timing of the snapshot, which is automatically given by the organization and it will be in queue if another job is running at that time.
- Once the reporting snapshot is completely finished then the user will get the email for the same report of failed and pass records in the target object that are saved.
After you set up a reporting image, customers can:
- Create and run custom reviews from the target object.
- Create dashboards from the source document.
- Define listing views at the goal object, if it's included on a custom object tab.
For example, a customer service supervisor should set up a reporting photograph that reviews the open cases assigned to his or her team regularly at 5:00 PM, and keep that fact in a custom item to build a history on open instances from which she or he may want to spot traits via reviews. Then the customer support manager ought to report on point-in-time or trend facts stored in the custom item and use the report as a source for a dashboard issue. For the full variety of reporting snapshots, you can create, see Salesforce Limits.
Check out another amazing blog by Anjali here: Salesforce Lightning Aura Components Core Concepts
This feature helps to get the report result at a particular time, and once a report is made you don’t need to run it regularly as with the help of reporting snapshot the reports are run automatically and the snapshot result is saved in the target object as selected by you. From this feature, you can get the comparison between different snaps of the report at different timings and get the insights of the report in the organization.