Dynamic Actions are the actions that display the actions based on the criteria that you have provided. It means the actions will appear or disappear in highlighted panel based on criteria.
How to Create Dynamic Actions
- Go to App Launcher.
- Search for any object on which you need dynamic actions. Here, I am selecting an Account object.
- Now, Open any of the account record. Click on the settings icon on the right-hand side.
- Click on Edit Page. You will see the page as shown below. Then you have to click on highlighted panel, in right hand side you will get the option for upgrade now you will have to click on it.
Don't forget to check out: Search Account Record Using Salesforce Flows | Learn Here
- Here, you will get two options Migrate and Start from Scratch.
- Migrate:- It means all the actions available on an account page layout will appear.
- Start from Scratch: - It means you can add the only actions which you want. Not all the actions will appear here automatically, you will have to add it.
- Here, I am selecting Start from Scratch. Click on the add action button then choose the action which you want then click on add criteria, provide criteria whatever you want.
- For instance, If I have selected Delete action and enter the criteria is, if Annual Revenue field is equal to 10,000 in that case Delete action will appear otherwise do not appear. As you can see the criteria in the above image.
- Similarly, you can add more actions and specify the criteria for that. If you want actions which do not depend on criteria simply add those actions. Here I have selected only 4 actions. Now, Click on Save.
- Output Now, go to any Account record or you can create a new record. Enter the delete action criteria and see if delete action appears or not and then check by removing the criteria as well. Before entering the criteria as we can see that there is no delete action appearing at the top right-hand side.
- After entering the criteria which is Annual Revenue should be equal to 10,000. You can see the delete action now.