Designing user-centred, intuitive page layouts that display the right data at the right moment is the aim of dynamic forms. Over time, fields on data ' "Details" section or page layout may accumulate. Although not often or for all users, these fields might be necessary. The most labor and the configuration-intensive solution we've found is to build various page layouts and distinct profiles.
An opportunity may dynamically display a section with fields pertinent to a specific user profile when a picklist field contains a particular value or when the opportunity reaches a given stage.
Benefits of Dynamic Forms
- Organizes the fields and sections into tabs or accordion components to speed up page loads.
- Without accessing the page layout editor, manage the fields and sections on pages in the Lightning App Builder.
- Dynamic Forms offer a visually appealing user experience that enables users to see only the fields they want or need to see.
- By transferring visibility rules to components, minimises or simplifies page layouts in comparison to the total layout.
Limitations of Dynamic Forms
- Dynamic forms is supported on custom object only.
- You can only add up to 100 fields per column in a field section component.
- The "Field Section" component of Dynamic Forms is not supported on mobile.
- Additionally, blank spaces are not supported, and linked lists will still be controlled by traditional page layouts.
Don't forget to check out: Tips for Customizing Web-to-Lead Forms in Salesforce
Steps to Create Dynamic Forms
- For any custom object that needs to be migrated to an existing Lightning Page, a new Record Page can be created.
For example, let’s take “Student” as a custom object.
- Go to the Student (Custom Object) record page & click the gear icon, then select the “Edit Page” button.
- You will now see that Lightning App Builder has a new feature. New standard Lightning components called "Field Section" and "Field Components" are found on the Fields tab of the component palette. On the page, you may add the "Section" field and choose whatever fields to include there.
- To start the Dynamic Forms migration wizard, simply drag fields and sections and click "Upgrade Now" from the Record Details settings.
Check out another amazing blog by Avinash here: Learn About Permission Sets in Salesforce | Salesforce Security Guide
- After that, the Dynamic Forms migration wizard starts. Now you can customize the form according to your requirements.