Resellers must perform the following setup steps in Salesforce in order to exchange data
- Enable the correct employee for use with the integration setup.
- Set the user’s permissions to access Admin / App settings. (If needed, go to Administer > Manage Users > Users, click Edit for the correct employee, and set their profile to System Administrator.)
- Navigate to Setup Home > Apps (under Platform Tools) > Apps Manager and click on the New Connected App button (top right of the page). Users in classic view can refer here for navigation.
- On the setup page, enter:
- App Name: ChannelOnline
- API Name: ChannelOnline
- Contact Email: [SF Administrative User]
- Enable OAuth Settings checkbox selected
- Callback URL: https://usm.channelonline.com/
- Select from the available options box “Access and Manage your data (API)” and add to the Selected OAuth Scopes box.
- Make sure that the “Require Secret for Web Server Flow” is selected.
- Click Save. (This could take up to 10 minutes to become available)
- From the Connected App View page:Capture the Consumer Key and the Consumer Secret (to get the secret click on Reveal).Consumer Key Example:
Consumer Secret Example:
Image A: Manage Connected Apps
Certain settings must be in place on the Salesforce side in order to enable transactions to occur. The Salesforce administrator needs to check on the following settings.
- Security Visibility Settings: All fields listed in the Integration mapping pages need to be made visible in order for them to be populated. A few key fields are listed here.1. Account fields: Type, Site, and Number2. Opportunity: Type
- Standard Price Book must be activated.
- Opportunity Layout needs to include the Product label from the Related Lists section. To activate, go to Setup -> Build -> Customize -> Opportunities -> Page Layouts -> Edit Opportunity Layout
The page looks like (Image B: Edit Opportunity Layout).
On the top box, click Related Lists -> you should see Products. Just drag it and drop it under related list, and save the layout.
Image B: Edit Opportunity Layout
Relax IP restrictions:
- On Classic View:Go to Setup -> Apps -> Manage Apps -> Connected Apps -> edit ChannelOnline -> to makechanges to IP restrictions
- On Lightning View:Go to Setup -> Apps -> App Manager -> Click Manage for the ChannelOnline App -> edit policies to edit IP restrictions
- If IP restrictions is “Relax IP restrictions”, no changes are needed;If IP restrictions is “Enforce IP restrictions”, ChannelOnline IPs need to be added to your trusted IP addresses
- On Classic and Lightning viewGo to Setup -> search for Network Access -> Add trusted IP ranges and enter the following IPranges:Start IP Address 184.108.40.206End IP Address 220.127.116.11
Image C: Trusted IP Range -
Sometimes admin users will need to reset their security token in order to make the connection to COL successful.
In Lightning: At the top navigation bar, go to your name > My Settings > Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Reset My Security Token.
In Classic: Go to My Settings -> Personal -> Reset My Security Token (SF will send an email)
This is how you use it. If your password is my password, and your security token is XXXXXXXXXX, then you must enter mypasswordXXXXXXXXXX to log in (in ChannelOnline, update password with security token appended).
Resellers must perform the following setup steps in ChannelOnline in order to exchange data:
- Complete the Connection settings in the Connection section under Integration > Salesforce >Settings. Select edit (on the right side of the title), and do the following on the edit connection page:
- Enter complete Integration Login ID (must be an SF user with Admin access)
- Enter complete Integration Password (associated with Admin user)
- Consumer Key (from Salesforce)
- Consumer Secret (from Salesforce)
Click Save after all the fields are completed. Back on the Settings tab, you can click the Test Connection button to make sure that you can connect to Salesforce.
- Make selections in the Settings section of the Settings page. In most cases, ChannelOnline will try to establish links with known defaults. However, your company may be using custom fields, which may also be available to be mapped. The following must be in place to begin sending data.
- SalesRep / User Mapping: Select “Map SalesReps within ChannelOnline to Salesforce Users”. Then assign the correct Salesforce employee using the dropdown selection to the right of the corresponding SalesRep in ChannelOnline.
- Account Type Mapping: Assign the default mappings for account types in ChannelOnline to those used in Salesforce by using the drop-down selection to the right of the corresponding type from COL.
- Opportunity Stage Mapping: Assign the default mappings for Quote stages in ChannelOnline to those used on the SF Opportunity by using the drop-down selection to the right of the corresponding stage from COL.
- Preferences - The names for these fields have been set to make it easy to recognize and support; users need only to activate them. If they get accidentally deleted from the Company Settings > Global Custom Fields section, an administrator can reestablish them here.
- Custom Field to store Opportunity ID from Salesforce: Click the button to add the document level global custom field that will be automatically generated and placed in the custom fields header section on all quote and sales order documents.
- Custom Field name for Close Date on Quotes: Click the button to add the document level global custom field to be used on all quote and sales order documents (in the header section) that will be synchronized with the Opportunity Close Date in SF.
- ChannelOnline Support (not in the interface) must activate the Export to Salesforce button on the backend for it to appear in the interface. This button is used to export document information into an opportunity in SF.