The top 10 useful extensions for Salesforce in 2023 are:
- Productivity tools for Salesforce administrators and developers to inspect data and metadata directly from the Salesforce UI.
- Extension to add a metadata layout on top of the standard Salesforce UI to improve the productivity and joy of Salesforce configuration, development, and integration work.
Salesforce LWC Editor
Build Salesforce LWC development easily and fastest.
How to Use Salesforce LWC Editor?
- Just log in to salesforce and click the "Salesforce LWC Editor" icon (browser top-right corner [chrome extension standard icon-bar]) when the icon changes to blue color.
- If installed for the first time, refresh the page before using it.
What are the Features of Salesforce LWC Editor?
- Quick 'Create New LWC Components' and 'Lightning Message Services'.
- Create/Update Apex Classes. Create a new file for a particular component.
- Download & back up a component or specific file.
- Find code in all LWC components.
- Change the name of a specific file of the component.
- Delete components or a specific file.
- Quick save(deploy) your change by using 'CTRL+S'. All LWC development snippets (shortcut keys) are available.
Salesforce Lightning Inspector
The Salesforce Lightning Inspector opens up and improves your Lightning Component development, giving you access to a wealth of data about your running applications and components. With the Salesforce Lightning Inspector, you can:
- Easily inspect and navigate the structure of your components
- Identify performance bottlenecks by looking at a graph of component creation time
- Debug server interactions faster by monitoring and modifying responses
- Navigate the component tree, inspect components and their associated DOM elements Track event firing and handling sequences
Don't forget to check out: Top 7 Salesforce Extensions: Blessing In Disguise For Small Businesses
Work with Salesforce records directly in your email application with the Gmail integration.
Experience Salesforce directly in your Gmail and Google Calendar:
- View all contacts, leads, accounts, opportunities, and cases associated with emails and appointments
- Search and browse Salesforce records
- Create new records, including custom object records- Add emails and appointments to records in one click, even when composing emails
- Quickly craft emails with email templates
- Manage Salesforce tasks
- Use the Lightning App Builder to tailor the extension layout, choose features according to your business needs, and assign them to specific user profiles
Users with an Inbox license can:
- Schedule appointments more efficiently
- Know when recipients open emails and interact with content
- Schedule emails to send at the best time
- Save and insert common phrases with ease using text shortcuts
- View custom object records relevant to an email
- Works in Chrome with G-Suite corporate email accounts only
- Works with both Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic
- Requires a subscription to Salesforce
- Setup directions and system requirements
Salesforce CLI is a command-line interface that simplifies development and builds automation when working with your Salesforce org. Use it to create and manage organizations, synchronize sources to and from organizations, create and install packages, and more.
Salesforce CLI is based on oclif, an open-source framework for building a command-line interface in Node.js. You run it on your local machine or continuous integration (CI) system. It supports the installation of custom plug-ins.
Salesforce CLI is a bundle of two executables: SF and SFDX. We first launched SFDX to provide you the ability to develop and test your apps more easily on the Salesforce Platform.
Check out another amazing blog by Aman here: Learn All About the Apex Core Concepts in 2023
Salesforce Extension Pack
This extension pack includes tools for developing on the Salesforce platform in the lightweight, extensible VS Code editor. These tools provide features for working with development organizations (scratch orgs, sandboxes, and DE orgs), Apex, Aura components, and Visualforce.
Salesforce CLI Integration
This extension enables Visual Studio Code to use Salesforce CLI to interact with your orgs.
Do Not Install This Extension Directly. Install the complete Salesforce Extension Pack instead.
Salesforce Package.xml Generator
This extension provides a User Interface to choose metadata components for Package.xml file for development against sandboxes or DE orgs (Org Development Model with VS Code).
Salesforce Query Editor
This extension brings the same functionality available in the Query Editor Tab in the Salesforce Developer Console to VS Code.
- SOQL Builder.
- Execute SOQL Queries.
- Get SOQL Query Plans.
- Update, Create and Delete Records.
- Add Relationship Fields.
- Add Child Parent Relationship Fields.
- Works with any VS Code Theme.
- Works side by side with your Apex Class.
- Access to Field Details, such as Name, Label, Required, Updateable, Groupable, and more.
- Compact to not take away the space you have available while writing code.
Salesforce LWC Short Keys