What Is SSO?
SSO is an abbreviation of Single Sign-On. It is a method for granting access to multiple applications to users with a single login credential. The third-party software is used in Integration with Salesforce. The SSO method is extremely helpful in the authentication of multiple apps with the same details. The third-party tool can be customized according to your organization.
Why Should We Use SSO?
SSO is an amazing tool that offers its users security and convenience. Here are some advantages it provides
- The functionality to login using credentials of any Salesforce trusted the third party.
- It eliminates the need for login for every application.
- Allows the users to move seamlessly between applications and Salesforce org without requiring repeated logins.
- It allows configuration of SSO depending on the use case so users can access the Salesforce org from a third-party application like a corporate portal.
- You can set up SSO and allow users to login into another application using your Salesforce org.
- You can configure an SSO chain allowing uses to login to a third-party application to access Salesforce and use the access to login to another org.
- It allows you to configure a login experience that is less centralized and users get to log in to multiple apps using the same credentials.
The article explains how to set up SSO for Salesforce using an already existing Azure AD setup.