The Salesforce Lightning URL Hack is a strategy for making an extraordinary hyperlink or content and uncovering it by means of catch or recipe field. These extraordinarily made hyperlinks are regularly used to give extra usefulness and robotization to end-clients.
- Setting record types for recently made records.
- Pre-populating values on kid records made from parents.
- Sending messages with a particular format IDs.
Don't forget to check out: Salesforce Lightning Dialer | Boost Sales productivity by making hassle-free calls
Weakness of Salesforce Lightning URL Hack Button
- Not authoritatively upheld by Salesforce.
- Hard to adjust as well as keep up.
- No local administrator UI – Limited to altering an equation or URL string.
- Try not to work in Salesforce1 or Lightning Experience.
Answer for Salesforce Lightning URL Hack button in Lightning Experience and Salesforce1
- Rather than making a URL hack button in Lighting Experience, we can make Actions in Lightning.
- The production of related records can be designed to set default esteems on new records and are accessible for use in Classic, Lightning, and Salesforce1.
Two essential kinds of activities
1. Worldwide Actions
2. Article Specific Actions.
- Worldwide activities are accessible for use from any feed empowered page.
- Add regular activities to Global Layout to make them open on all feed empowered pages.
- In Classic, this incorporates the Home tab, Chatter tab, object detail records.
Item Specific Actions
- Make records that are consequently connected with different records.
- Ordinarily used to make a contact or opportunity from a record.
- Accessible in Classic by means of the Chatter Publisher.
URL Hack button in Salesforce-Classic
- In this model, make a rundown button in Contact object.
- At the point when we click the new contact button in the record related show, it will divert to the new contact record page with some pre-populating values like Account Name, Parent name and Status field (custom field).
Go to Setup - > Contact-> Buttons, Links, and Actions-> New Button or Link. Make a New Hack catch and add to the Account format.
Create a new Account. Presently, we can see the New Hack Contact button in the Account related rundown.
Click the New Hack contact button as shown in image.
URL Hack Button in Lightning Experience
Change to Lightning Experience and snap Object Manager [Symbol] Click Account [Symbol] Click Buttons, Links, and Actions [Symbol] Create new Action and set predefined values which we are pre-populating in contact record.
Check out another amazing blog by Pooja here: Why Salesforce Is good For Business - Top Reasons
Setup –> Object Manager[Symbol]Accounts [Symbol] Page Layouts [Symbol] Edit Layout. Scroll to Quick Action, locate the ‘New Hack Contact’ action and drag to Quick Actions in the Salesforce classic Publisher section of the page layout. Save the changes and open the Account Detail Page.
URL Hack Button in Salesforce1: Action in Salesforce1 is listed along the bottom of the App.
Reference: MST solution