- The Lightning Component Framework is a UI framework for developing single-page applications for mobile and desktop devices.
- The Lightning Component Framework makes developing applications that work on both mobile and desktop devices much easier than many other frameworks.
What is Salesforce Lightning?
Lightning includes the Lightning Component Framework and some great tools for developers. Lightning makes it easy to build responsive apps for any device.
You can create Lightning components using two programming models: the Lightning Web Components model and the original Aura Components model.
Don't forget to check out: Life Cycle Hooks In Lightning Web Component | Salesforce Lightning
Where We Can Use Lightning Components?
You can use Lightning components to customize your Salesforce org in many ways.
- You can drag and drop components in Lightning App Builder and Community Builder.
- Lightning components can be added to Lightning pages.
- You can add Lightning components to Lightning Experience record pages.
- Lightning components can be invoked as quick actions.
- Default actions can be overridden in Lightning components.
- Creating Standalone Apps
When using Lightning Components, your org must provide a "My Domain". Otherwise, you won't be able to see the output of your Lightning component.
How to Enable my Domain?
- From Setup, enter My Domain in the Quick Find box, then select My Domain.
- Enter the subdomain name to use in the sample URLs.
- Select Check Availability. If your name is already taken, please choose another name.
- Select Register Domain.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Salesforce when your new domain is ready for testing.
- Test the domain name and deploy it to your organization.
- Click the URL provided in the confirmation email to log in to Salesforce with your new domain.
- Or from Settings, enter My Domain in the Quick Find box, select My Domain, then select Click here to sign in.
- Test your new domain by clicking tabs and links within your organization. Notice that all pages now show the new domain name.
- To roll out a new domain name to your organization, from Setup, enter My Domain in the Quick Find box, select My Domain, then click Provision to Users. Select.
- The domain will be activated immediately and the user will be redirected to the new domain's page.
Only the Salesforce Support team can disable or change domain names after deployment.
Check out another amazing blog by Mohit here: What is Lightning Notification Library in Salesforce