A platform event is much the same as another custom item yet this would just be alluded by outside systems to speak with Salesforce. To place this in a situation when a specific system posts information on a Salesforce endpoint then that information ought to be gotten and the data in Salesforce should be updated. It is based on Event-Driven Architecture. In programming, occasion driven writing computer programs is a programming worldview in which the progression of the program is controlled by occasions, for example, client activities, sensor yields, or messages from different projects or strings. The event-driven display is a programming strategy where the framework reaction to the outside and internal events, for example, client activities, mouse clicks, key squeezing, message from different strings on the based of occasions the progression of the program is resolved.
Here Are The Following Points We Should Remember
- Event: An adjustment in the express that is important in a business procedure.
- Event Message/Notification: A message that contains information about the Event.
- Event Maker: The distributer of an occasion message over a channel.
- Channel: A conductor where an occasion maker sends a message. Event shoppers buy into the channel to get messages. Likewise alluded to as Event transport in Salesforce.
- Event Consumer: A supporter of a channel that gets messages from the channel.
Don't forget to check out: What Are Events In Salesforce Lightning Component
Platform events, its API name postfix with __e where the custom object appends __c suffix to create API name. Unlike with custom objects, we cannot update or delete event records, or view event records in Salesforce User Interface.
Platform Events Support Only The Following Fields Type
- TextArea (Long)
The Following Points We Should Know
- We can not question Platform occasions through SOQL or SOSL.
- We can not utilize Platform in reports, list perspectives, and search.
- Platform events don't have a related tab
- Distributed Platform events can't be moved back.
- All stage occasion fields are perused distinctly as a matter of course
- Simply after supplement Triggers Are Supported
- Salesforce stores platform events for 1 day. we can retrieve stored events in API clients but not in Apex.
- The event record has a field, called ReplayID, that the system display after the event is published.
- Overcome Salesforce Governor Limits Using Platform Events in Salesforce.
- Each replay ID is destined to be higher than the ID of the past events, yet not really adjacent to sequential events.
- We can recover all put-away events, or you can determine the replay ID of an event as the standard for the recovered part of events.
How To Publish Platform Events
You can publish the platform events in 3 ways:
- Declarative tools
- Process Builder
- Cloud Flow Designer Tool / Visual Workflow
- Salesforce API from external app
Advantages of Salesforce Platform Events
- Clients can run organizations quicker on an event-driven architecture.
- Make an entire 360-degree client experience – continuous reconciliation with any business cycle.
- Event-driven work processes to enlarge information.
- Can catch and follow up on a great many streaming events.