The volume of data in B2B organizations is doubling every year.
Therefore, even if your data is clean today, it is only a matter of time before it becomes duplicate, inaccurate, and inconsistent.
While Salesforce enables you to manage duplicate records, there are limitations, for instance, with regard to the number of records you can handle.
In this blog post, we look at the challenges in duplicate management, as well as how Dupe Manager enables you to steer clear of bad data in Salesforce.
So, let’s begin!
Limitations with Data Deduplication in Salesforce
When managing duplicates on Salesforce, you can:
- Only find and merge duplicate records manually
- Only select parent records and fields manually
- Not customize filter logic to find hidden duplicates
- Not merge standard and custom objects
Don't forget to check out: Learn All About IDs in Salesforce
Overcoming the Limitations of Data Deduplication
In order to address the limitations of duplicate management in Salesforce, Grazitti’s Salesforce maestros have built Dupe Manager.
A Lightning-ready deduping solution gives you the power to cleanse your data of duplicacy, inaccuracy, and inconsistency.
Here’s what Dupe Manager enables you to do:
- Auto-detect duplicates using predefined rules
- Merge data from child and parent records
- Customize filter logic
- Merge standard and custom objects based on predefined rules
- Schedule deduping periodically to check for duplicates
- Update field values while merging records you’ve selected
How Dupe Manager Enables You to Steer Clear of Bad Data
|Finding and Merging Duplicate Records||Manual||Automated|
|Finding Hidden Duplicates||Limited Ability||Customizable Filter Logic|
|Merging Custom Objects||❌||✅|
In this blog post, we looked at the challenges with duplicate management in Salesforce, and how Dupe Manager enables you to address them with advanced deduping capabilities.
Effective duplicate management helps you enhance data quality, improve user adoption, and more.