Enhanced Lookups In Salesforce
Records in custom lookup are searchable by Object Name or AutoNumber. What If we want to search the record for any other field value. Just Think…
Don’t need to worry about that there is also a solution for that ie Enhanced Lookup. By using the enhanced lookup in salesforce we can make a searchable record from many fields like name, phone, email etc.
So how to enable this enhanced lookup functionality of Salesforce? Just follow the steps : –
- Click on Setup and Enter “Search setting” in Quick Find box.
- Click on Search Setting, and in Lookup Setting, check the checkbox of Object for which you want to build this functionality. If your object is not there it means salesforce did not provide the enhanced lookup functionality for that Object.
- Click on Save button
Enhanced lookup feature is available only for some Objects ie. Account, Contact, Custom Object, Opportunity, user etc. Admin user has to enable this functionality for each Object.
There would be 2 option for search the record:
- All Fields
When you’ll select All Fields Option then you can search record from any field’s Value.
If you want to search more specific than follow the below steps:
- Click on Setup and Enter “Search Layout” in Quick Find box.
- Click on “Search layout” of your desired Object.
- Click on Edit before “Lookup Filter Field”
- Move Desired Field from Available field to selected Fields
- Click on Save Button
The result will be shown as:
Click on Show Filters:
Now You can search record from specific field’s value.