- July 10, 2018 at 2:05 pm #29790Anjali #7
What is the sequence of migrating data from one Salesforce org to another?
If we want to transfer all data from one Salesforce org to another Salesforce org then what is the sequence of data import? What object’s data should import first?September 4, 2018 at 1:52 pm #33018Anurag algoworks #10
September 24, 2018 at 12:11 am #38090Parul #1
- First we need to make sure that you have Ant migration tool in your system.We will need it to provide the details of the credentials and the type of metadata you want to migrate.
- We also need to have Java and Apache Ant installed on your system.
- Second step is to load the credentials of both the salesforce org in the file called ‘build.properties’.
- The credentials that we provide is what it passes to the file ‘build.xml’ .When the data is being migrated, the build.xml file is what is used.
- Then we provide the details of the metadata that we want to migrate to the org.It could be anything such as apex classes, custom and standard objects, custom fields, aura bundles etc. We provide these details in the file ‘package.xml’.
- After providing all the details, we first retrieve the data from the salesforce org using the command ‘ant retrieveUnpackaged’ and followed by ‘ant deployUnpackaged’ after the retrieving has been successfully done.
- Before doing these we must make sure that the path has been set up to the directory of the ‘unpackaged’ folder.
Your question is too broad.
You should import first parent records and then import the child records.
Like this sequence:
Also, rather than migrating all the data from one sandbox to other, you can think of refreshing a sandbox from the sandbox itself as long as sandbox types are same.
Please Register to reply to this topic. /