- April 22, 2016 at 1:44 pm #10275Danna #652
Salesforce Lightning Ready certification
I have an application with several custom Visualforce pages and canvas app. Visualforce pages are built using Bootstrap. Can anyone please help me list the main steps of lightning ready certification and which check should be involved?
Is it mandatory to use Salesforce Lightning Design System framework instead of Bootstrap?April 25, 2016 at 10:47 am #10394Piyush #458
I don’t think you will need to worry about Canvas App being embedded in your Visualforce for passing through lightning ready certification for your application. Since canvas app is essentially a mashup with external system, you don’t have to match CSS with lightning design system.
For lightning Ready Certification, here are key things SFDC looks in your application:
- Use SLDS Design Systems for CSS in your Visualforce. This is mandatory. With Bootstrap I doubt you will be able to certify your app to lightning ready. There is significant difference in both Frameworks. SLDS uses SVGs for icons.
- Test for supported browsers. (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Make sure your app is responsive and at a viewport minimum of 1024px wide and a maximum of 1920px wide. Make sure that your app responds elegantly when the left-hand nav opens and closes.
- Do use the new Salesforce Sans typeface. It should not be accompanied by any other typeface, with the exception of your logotype.
- Try to Align with Basic Page Layouts like salesforce Edit, List view and Detail View on Lightning experience.
In short your App should be functional in Lightning Experience and the CSS should match as closely as possible to Lightning Experience.
March 8, 2018 at 1:14 pm #25778Louis #28
- This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Piyush.
Earning a credential from Salesforce.com: The Customer Success Platform To Grow Your Business demonstrates that you have skills and confidence. Keeping that certification up-to-date shows that you’re schooled on the latest technologies.
Certified Salesforce developers are sought after like never before. There’s been 159% growth in demand for Salesforce talent since 2008 (Hire On-Demand 2012).
Since many companies search specifically for credentials, getting certified can open doors in your career and allow you to compete for more complex projects.
Companies who use certified cloud developers have smoother deployments which allows you to build customer confidence.
Maintaining your certification ensures that you are on top of new Salesforce functionality as it rolls out 3x per year.
Please Register to reply to this topic. /