A Salesforce administrator is a professional who is responsible for managing and maintaining a Salesforce implementation. They are responsible for the configuration, customizations, and upkeep of the system. Additionally, Salesforce administrators play a key role in user support and training.
The Salesforce admin certification is the most popular certification for those working in the Salesforce ecosystem. The certification is awarded by Salesforce, the company that produces the Salesforce CRM software.
To earn the certification, candidates must pass two exams: the Salesforce Certified Administrator exam and the Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator exam.
Earning the Salesforce administrator certification can help you take your career to the next level. Read on to learn more about what the certification process entails and what you can do with the certification.
A Salesforce Administrator’s colleagues can rely on them to:
- Maintain the platform.
- Make it as easy as possible for users of any technical level to use Salesforce.
- Stay updated on the platform’s new tools, capabilities, and updates.
Don't forget to check out: How Virtual Salesforce Administrators Help with Automation
Which Salesforce Admin Certification Is Right For You?
Discovering how to earn a Salesforce Admin Certification and selecting the best one for you should be your first step. Salesforce regularly reviews the certifications it offers to make sure it can adapt to the continuously changing Salesforce environment.
1. Salesforce Certified Administrator
The Salesforce Certified Administrator certificate comprises 60 multiple-choice questions in a 90-minute test and is intended for administrators who have some expertise but wouldn't consider themselves experts. That's not to suggest it's simple; the exam has a 65% passing score and forbids using any form of study aids; it's just like going back to school.
2. Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
The Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification has a 60-question multiple-choice test with a passing score of 65%, much like the aforementioned standard certification. The difference is that this exam is much harder and can only be taken by people who already have a Salesforce Admin Certification. This credential is only available to the most highly skilled Salesforce Administrators, given the level of knowledge needed to pass the exam.
Core skills Admins should strive to develop to be successful include:
- Product Management
- User Management
- Data Management
- Business Analysis
- Automating Processes
- Analyzing Data
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
Salesforce Administrator Credentials And Certifications
The Salesforce Administrator credential is designed for those who maintain and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Salesforce for their organization. Earning a Salesforce Administrator certification validates your skills and expertise in configuring, managing, and supporting Salesforce deployments.
The Salesforce Administrator credential is the entry point to a successful career as a Salesforce Administrator. As organizations move to Salesforce, the demand for qualified Salesforce Administrators continues to grow. The Salesforce Administrator certification is a way to demonstrate your skills and expertise to employers.
There are a number of Salesforce Administrator credentials and certifications available that you can consider for a better understanding.
Check out another amazing blog here: Salesforce Administrator Salaries - Get All the Details
The Salesforce Administrator role has five credentials, including:
- Administrator: Designed for Salesforce veterans who are constantly looking for ways to give businesses access to new features and capabilities.
- Advanced Administrator - for seasoned Salesforce Administrators who are proficient in using advanced Salesforce features and functionality to address a variety of business issues.
- CPQ Specialist - for anyone with Salesforce experience planning, constructing and executing quoting flows. The technique known as Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) is used to arrange sales teams.
- Marketing Cloud Administrator- Marketing Cloud Administrators configure and address user requests in Marketing Cloud, such as subscriber data management and Setup navigation, which are known as Marketing Cloud Administrators.
- Platform App Builders- Platform App Builders are experts at creating, implementing, and maintaining unique applications.
It has become essential for professionals to take Salesforce administrator training as the market's demand for certified Salesforce experts grows.
If you have the chance to advance your Salesforce admin or platform development talents, you'll not only boost productivity at your business but also acquire enduring skills. There are plenty of resources you can follow to become a successful Salesforce Admin.
The author has years of expertise in the IT industry and works as an IT professional at igmguru. He effectively contributes to the information technology sector's revolution by teaching a variety of courses connected to IT to individuals seeking knowledge. He keeps his students informed about the most recent advancements in this field and is willing to go above and beyond the requirements of the standard curriculum to provide them with a comprehensive education on timely issues.