Who is a User in Salesforce?
A user is anyone who logs into the Salesforce platform or we can simply say anyone who has a user account in Salesforce.
Users in your organization work as employees. There are many categories of users who work as employees. Like:
- Sales representatives,
- IT specialists,
Users (Employees) need access to company records.
What is a User Account in Salesforce?
- Users are identified using User Accounts.
- The user account settings provide some functions to which the user has access.
- Determines what kind of function and record the user has access to.
Don't forget to check out: Ultimate Guide for Record Types in Salesforce
How to Create Users in Salesforce?
- In Settings, type Profiles in the Quick Find box and select Users.
- Click New Users.
- Enter Details.
- Assign a role and profile.
- Click Save.
What are profiles in Salesforce Lightning and how to use them?
Profiles are a collection of permissions and settings that determine what a user can access in Salesforce Lightning.
Based on a user's job role, Salesforce admins can assign a user a profile that includes all the cards, records, and page access they need.
Another way to do this is to set permission sets.
By setting up and managing profiles, you can conventionally create secure boundaries that dictate 'user access rights.
You can use the standard Salesforce profiles or you can create your own profiles according to your requirements.
How to Create Profiles in Salesforce?
Profiles, users, roles, groups, app managers, app builders, flow, etc. are all managed within Lightning settings.
Steps to Create a Profile in Salesforce:
- In Settings, type Profiles in the Quick Find box and select Profiles.
- Click New Profiles.
- Fill in the Details.
- Click Save
Check out an amazing Salesforce video tutorial here: How to Find a Job as a Fresher in Salesforce - Tips and Tricks
How to assign Profiles to Users in the Salesforce Lightning?
- Go to Settings >> Administration Settings >> User Management >> Users.
- Click Edit next to the user.
- Go to the Profile drop-down list and select the new custom profile you just created.
- Then click Save
How to Clone Profiles?
- Navigate to Setup >> Administration setup >> Manage Profiles >> Profiles.
- Click Clone next to a profile that's similar to the profile you want to create.
- Name the Profile.
- Click on Save.