Salesforce IoT Cloud:
It provides the platform to store and process the IoT data. It enables you to combine event data from devices with existing data you have in Salesforce to create engaging customer experiences.
Let’s think about which key components make up Salesforce IoT.
There are three most important key components in Salesforce IoT: Orchestrations, Customer Context, and Actions.
Salesforce IoT Orchestrations
Why this engine is the awesome key component of the Salesforce IoT?
Because it supports low-code technology lets anyone rapidly experiment, test, and refine their IoT strategy.
Don't forget to check out: How do I Transform my Business with Salesforce AI?
This is important because it is the machine learning aspect of the Salesforce IoT Cloud which stores and analyses past behaviors and actions when making decisions in real-time.
Actions: In this component, we are concerned about When you take the right action, with the right customers, at the right time. We take action when customers feel their experience is personal and attentive.
Salesforce IoT gives your company the information it needs to effectively advise that customer on how they use your services. It can revolutionize the way you do business completely.
We can successfully use IoT applications in these areas:
- Consumer applications: In this, we can include IoT in smart home appliances, Fitness apps, etc.
- Manufacturing: IoT included in Smart control of manufacturing processes and systems.
- Environmental protection: Used in the monitoring of pollution levels,
- Infrastructure Management: Used in monitoring bridges, traffic, and so on.
Benefits of Salesforce IoT Cloud
With the help of Salesforce IoT Cloud, we can export our IoT data in the format of our own choice, which means it has fully exportable data. In Salesforce IoT Cloud, daily events are processed by Salesforce Einstein to give the right information where we want it.
It gives these business benefits:
- It gives improved productivity from the automation of processes.
- It wasted less time, in the case of equipment breakdown.
- It is less costly and improved profitability.
- it has less energy consumption than others.
- It has more effective production from real-time diagnostics.
- It helps to create customized reports.
- It has the ability to scale up to billions of devices.
- It gives better path information to AWS service for storage and analysis.
- It covers the 360° view of the customers to gather information (their buying patterns or, possibilities, which kinds of products they like).
- It enables the development of IoT at any scale.
Check out another amazing blog by Shweta here: What Are The Types of Custom Setting In Salesforce
Limitations of Salesforce IoT Cloud:
Salesforce IoT Cloud has lots of benefits as well as some points of concern (limitations).
- Security vulnerabilities: Salesforce IoT Cloud has the ability to store/ process a large amount of data that means not only expanding customers’ profiles but it is also necessary to protect these data. Salesforce IoT Cloud helps companies to gather the big data generated by customers and big data generated by customer’s connected things can be stolen and someone else may misuse these stolen data.
- Customer’s concerns about data privacy: Customer’s concerns about their data. Because they did not feel protected after knowing that someone else may misuse their data.
- Flexibility limitations: Salesforce IoT Cloud applies a low code approach to enable a wide range of business users without genuine coding skills to build customized apps.