Salesforce Health Cloud Features and Architecture - The Guide
Hello everyone, In this blog, we will discuss Health Cloud features and architecture. As we know that Health Cloud is built on the Salesforce platform and it is an extended form of sales and service cloud. That means that it provides the access to all the foundational capabilities that are part of these features.
Health Cloud-specific Terminology
- Care Team – the Health Cloud care team consists of doctors, healthcare advisors, nurses, therapists, and administrative professionals. Usually, the healthcare team in Salesforce is the case team.
- Provider – provider is a person or a company that provides a healthcare service.
- Payer – payer is an organization which takes care of financial and operational aspects such as insurance plans etc.
- EHR – EHR stands for electronic health registry that holds electronic health records.
- HL7 – Health level seven international is a set of standards, and formats for exchanging and developing EHR records.
Don't forget to check out: Salesforce Health Cloud – Creating Patient Relationships Not Records
Now let’s move towards the Health Cloud Feature Set
This consists of:
Data Privacy and Protection & Integration
- Salesforce shield provides platform encryption
- Audit trail
- Event monitoring
- Hooks for integration to EHR
360 Degree View of Patient Data
- Patient data card
- Timeline view
- Patient profile
- Care team network
Care Team Productivity
- Lead to patient conversations
- Care plans
- Household mappings
- Requires Salesforce CLI to generate them
- Ability to take the assessment
- Clinical data model
Health Cloud Architecture Overview
Health cloud architecture consists of: -
- Leads, accounts, contacts, person accounts, cases or activities
- Goals and problems which are provided by managed packages
- Salesforce shield for PHI Compliance
- Custom EHR Tables (provided by managed package)
- Payer, member, plan coverage benefit
- Care, request, care request drug, care request and other care objects
- Customer community for patients
- Utilization management unmanaged packages
- Salesforce lightning console
Check out another amazing blog by Bhawana here: Crash Course on Apex Triggers Salesforce | Complete Guide with Real Time Scenarios
Health Cloud Data Model
It consists of the individual data model, the Care Plan data model, and Insurance Data Model. In patient data model it consists of individual records interaction whereas In Care plan data model we have leverages standard service objects such as case, case team, case feed, activities and knowledge.
Health insurance data model enables customers to gain insight into patients’ or members’ insurance information. This includes membership, benefits, pre-authorizations, and claims.
Claim objects are modelled as virtual objects. Data continues to reside in the source system and is surfaced in the Health Cloud real-time.
So this is all about Health Cloud features, architecture and its data models.