Salesforce is a cloud-based platform that helps a business organisation in managing valuable customer database efficiently. It provides highly automated services that allow the sales team of an enterprise to store and track information pertaining to their current, potential and past customers in relevant Salesforce objects, such as Leads, Accounts, opportunities, contacts etc. The details stored in these objects can be used in providing highly personalised services to the customers and communicating with them through suitable communication channels.
Salesforce makes the process of marketing and sales simpler for the employees by considerably reducing the time and effort they would otherwise put in undertaking all sales-related activities. However, a business would require reliable authorities in charge of the activities pertaining to the platform of Salesforce. A Salesforce Developer would take charge of all the programming that goes behind providing Salesforce development services. A Salesforce Consultant would provide effective solutions and would solve all relevant issues pertaining to the platform of Salesforce. However, the most important designation a Salesforce expert can possess is that of a Salesforce Administrator.
Don't forget to check out: Salesforce Pardot vs Marketing Cloud: Which Should You Choose?
The Salesforce Administrator job description would be that of the individual who is essentially in charge of ensuring that the platform is run efficiently and managing all the critical business data that is being entered into Salesforce CRM. The role of a Salesforce Administrator essentially revolves around managing the cloud-based ecosystem of Salesforce to ensure that all the business processes are automated and executed seamlessly.
Salesforce administration is not an easy task. An administrator needs to be thorough with every tool and platform pertaining to Salesforce CRM and should be able to leverage the same to an optimum level. Here are some of the most essential Salesforce Administrator responsibilities that should be shouldered by the individual in charge:
A Salesforce Administrator makes sure that all the Salesforce tools are employed correctly and used effectively.
- A Salesforce Administrator is in charge of conducting periodic checks and suggesting changes that should be made to the platform to improve the execution of business processes.
- They should work as the key System Administrator responsible for managing dynamic work environment of SFDC (Salesforce.com) with multiple users.
- They are responsible to keep a check on the restrictions set on the accessibility of sensitive business data by the user accounts.
- They are in charge of managing all the executive functions pertaining to SFDC administration, such as maintaining all records, dashboards, user accounts and all additional conventional tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- They are expected to receive and work on the assessment and execution of requests pertaining to the development of Salesforce.
- They are required to provide extensive training to the new users regarding the use of all necessary Salesforce-related activities for providing business automation and personalised customer services.
- A Salesforce Administrator serves as a link that connects Salesforce application developers, the business staff and Salesforce users.
- They are responsible for the creation and maintenance of informative Salesforce reports on a periodic basis.
They are expected to extract necessary insights from data to advance business revenue.
- They are responsible for handling all the important technical resources pertaining to sales and entering necessary business data onto the platform of Salesforce CRM.
Check out another amazing blog by Ethan here: Salesforce Pardot vs Marketing Cloud: Which Should You Choose?
For a Salesforce Administrator to execute these responsibilities, they need to possess the following skills:
- They should have unparalleled management skills.
- They should be proficient in interacting with employees belonging to all levels of a business organisation.
- They should possess excellent skills for analysing business data.
- They should possess distinguished data administration and problem-solving skills.