Technology has taken app development to a new level, making it more accessible than ever. One such technology, best known for its ability to empower one and all, is Salesforce. Back in 2014, Salesforce had the vision to empower all Trailblazers in business to contribute to the IT domain. For this, they introduced the Salesforce Lightning Platform that enabled users to create their own applications.
Salesforce Lightning Platform
Salesforce Lightning Platform is a refreshed version of Salesforce Classic that enables creating modern apps easily and rapidly. It is a combination of Lightning app builder, Lightning Designing System (LDS), and Lightning Components that help in creating smart enterprise applications. The platform is more than just a fancier, modern version of Salesforce Classic and has an entirely different user interface for Salesforce.com.
Check out the Part 2 here: Difference Between Salesforce Classic And Salesforce Lightning – Part 2
Salesforce Lightning Migration from Salesforce Classic does not require to import the data, regenerate custom fields, or set up the security model. However, there are few aspects to the Lightning Experience that need a check during the migration of the data, such as:
- Custom Code: The custom code created might not perform well in the Lightning version and might need to be addressed.
- Business Processes: Going through the business processes again is advised to synchronize the requirements and experience of how Lightning can overcome obstacles differently.
- User Interface: The new Lightning Experience consists of 3-column layouts, up to 25 tabs, Paths, Components, etc.
- 3rd Party AppExchange Apps: With the Lightning-Ready 3rd party AppExchange apps, inventory management becomes much more feasible and attainable.
- User Training: Current users need to be trained again to ensure that the adoption of new Lightning features is productive.
Don't forget to check out: Salesforce Ant Migration Tool - The Complete Guide
Lightning App Builder
One of the major components of the Salesforce Lightning Platform is the Lightning App Builder. The App Builder is a point-and-click tool that makes the process of creating the Salesforce mobile app and Lightning Experience pages quick and easy. The interface enables users to put different screens together on the basis of the Lightning components.
Benefits of the Lightning App Builder:
- It helps in creating single-page apps
- It helps in creating dashboard-style apps (for instance, apps for tracking top sales prospects or key leads)
- It helps in creating “Point” apps to resolve certain tasks, like creating an expense manager app
- It helps in creating custom record pages for the Objects in Salesforce, tailor-made to cater to the needs of the clients
- It helps in creating custom home pages that consist of the features and components that the clients use most
That’s not it. When the Lightning app is edited from the App Manager in Setup, it leads to the Lightning App Builder in order to manage the application’s settings. This way, the app’s branding, options, and navigation can be updated and can manage the assigned Lightning pages within the Lightning App Builder.
Check out another amazing blog by Algoworks here: What is Dreamforce? : A Brief Overview
With the continuously evolving Salesforce, the company always strives to offer innovative products and services that have unlocked new opportunities for the customers. Introducing the Salesforce Lightning platform has been one of the breakthrough achievements and has made it possible for the user to attain Salesforce Lightning Migration easily.
The second part of the Salesforce Lightning Platform series is going to be around the in-depth comparison between Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning. Until then, stay tuned and contact Algoworks for Salesforce Lightning Migration!