- Information Import Wizard accessible in both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience.
- Information Import Wizard accessible all told Editions other than Database.com.
- Individual records accessible in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience.
- Individual records accessible in Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions.
The Data Import Wizard forestalls making copy individual records by coordinating records as indicated by one in every one of the accompanying fields: Account Name, Salesforce ID, Email, or an outer ID field. In your import document, incorporate a segment for the sector that you're utilizing for record coordinating.
NOTE: Your head could have renamed "individual record" to a different term. Assuming this can be the case, the information Import Wizard alludes to the new name.
Don't forget to check out: How To Make Your Salesforce Reports Run Faster
Coordinating by Name
At the purpose, once you select this alternative, the information Import Wizard distinguishes existing records in Salesforce that have an analogous name. This type of coordination is case-touchy. On the off chance that vital, filter and normalize your record names before playing out the import to forestall unintended matches.
Coordinating by Salesforce ID
A Salesforce ID may be a framework produced, a case-touchy string of 15 or 18 letters and numbers that remarkably distinguishes each Salesforce record. At the purpose after you select this alternative, the info Import Wizard identifies existing records in Salesforce that have the equivalent Salesforce ID. you'll be able to acquire Salesforce IDs by running reports that incorporate the ID field of the record.
Coordinating by Email
This choice matches records in your import document with existing records in Salesforce as per the particular incentive within the Email field.
Coordinating by External ID
An external ID maybe a custom field that has the External ID characteristic, which suggests that it contains some special record identifiers from a framework outside of the Salesforce organization. At the purpose, once we are visiting select this alternative, the information Import Wizard recognizes existing records in Salesforce using outside IDs that coordinate with those qualities within the import document.
This activity isn't case-delicate(or you'll say the case- sensitive). Let’s understand this with an example, "ABC" is coordinated with "abc". Sometimes it should also happen that, the outer ID field additionally has the case-delicate Unique trait, coordinating by outside ID doesn't consider capitalized (or you'll be able to say uppercase) and lowercase letters indistinguishable.
Outside IDs are often of type text, number, email, or auto-number. On the off chance that the outer ID type is auto-number, it's not accessible for coordinating, yet you'll undergo it to appear at the parent record on the off chance that it contains the skin ID.
Normalize External ID esteems before playing out the import to forestall unintended matches.
Different records with the same External ID inside a document aren't transferred.
Different outside ID fields can discover coordinating records in Salesforce after you utilize the information Import Wizard.
Just novel External ID fields are accessible to coordinate by.
Check out another amazing blog by Mohit here: Imported for Leads in Salesforce - All You Need To Know
Disregarding or Updating Matching Records
At the purpose when the information Import Wizard distinguishes existing records in Salesforce that match as indicated by your picked field, you'll pick one in every one of these activities.
- Include new records — If records in your document are new and do not coordinate existing records, embed them into Salesforce. Overlook records in your document that match existing records, and do nothing to the present records.
- Update existing records — If records in your document coordinate existing records, update the present records. Disregard records in your document that do not coordinate existing records, and do not embed them as new records.
- Include new and update existing records — If records in your document are new and do not coordinate existing records, embed them into Salesforce. within the event that records in your document coordinate existing records, update these records.