Although the services provided by experts have multiple layered challenges, the benefits of those services far outweigh the problems. This is what happens with Salesforce development. Salesforce is a moderately sophisticated system to work with, but the end result of using it is unparalleled.
Across the world, Salesforce is considered the #1 CRM. If you, as a new or old business, are willing to go through the process and challenge of moving your workflows and systems to Salesforce tools, then be assured that the reward will be well worth it.
Now, this is not an easy task. However, there are Salesforce experts that help you with this. The question you would ask here is about compatibility: who is the ideal developer or team of developers for your particular project?
Take a look at the list of questions you can take into consideration before you set about looking for an individual developer or a team:
- Do you wish to shift all your business processes to Salesforce in one fell swoop?
- What is the department’s requirement that will be most impacted by this move?
- How much of a financial investment are you willing to make?
- Do you presently have an in-house team or an expert that can look after this shift?
- Do you possess the capability and capacity to take on and train team members for the project?
- Do you work companionably with external teams?
Once you answer these questions, you can proceed effortlessly.
In a perfect world, should you ever need to uproot your current systems to shift them to a new one, you should first conduct a thorough surveillance of your organization. Figure out what teams need it most. Then weed out the departments that will get the first updates. We do this because this is a new tool and process, so we need to see the organizational adoption rate and behavior to determine whether the business is ready for it.
The next step to figure out is how much you are willing to spend on the project. For such a sophisticated tool, the development will come at a high cost. This question is best answered in conjunction with all the ones after it.
There are various types of Salesforce development services available in the market today. You can go for an external development team or an in-house development team or go for a hybrid approach wherein the external team handles the implementation, and the training/post-development support is taken care of by the in-house team.
Let’s get into the major points of difference between offshore and onshore Salesforce development.
Don't forget to check out: Checklist to Hire the Best Certified Salesforce Developer for Business
Inhouse vs. External Salesforce Development
Inhouse Salesforce Development:
- You can closely control your team members.
- In-house teams have a close understanding of current challenges and therefore are able to build systems that work for them.
- An in-house team is already a part of the machine, so they are pretty comfortable working with the entire organization, so it takes out compatibility as a potential issue.
- In-house teams will cost notably less.
- Countless hours and effort will be saved on your part because you will not be onboarding a new team. Moreover, you will not need additional real estate for the added team members, won’t need more equipment, and so on.
External Salesforce Development:
- You don’t need to manage the external team members, leaving you free to focus on the regular tasks. The Salesforce developers will take care of the development.
- External Salesforce developers have worked with plenty of organizations, so they are more experienced in tuning into what an organization in a particular needs and provide a solid path for growth. Not only will they solve your current dilemmas, but they will also work on future-proofing solutions.
- In addition to the benefit mentioned above of them having worked with multiple organizations before, they are also great at working with your in-house team to clear up a project.
- There will be no need for traditional onboarding procedures. They have their own protocols and methods to follow for team management and development. Additionally, they have their own workflows and equipment.
- The only thing you should make sure of is that you communicate with them regularly so that there are no surprises and gaps when it comes to deliverables.
Check out another amazing blog by CRMJetty here: A Guide to Partnership Management Essentials
Even while working with external teams, there are two options:
Onshore vs. Offshore Salesforce Development
Onshore Salesforce Development:
- Even though they are an external team member, you can still onboard them in your office, thereby having a close association with them.
- The investment includes the onboarding processes that you do with your employees as they will work out of your campus.
- Should you hire from another country, the legal responsibility of the hire as well as the procurement of a work visa, falls on you. In addition to this, you may have to provide accommodation.
Offshore Salesforce Development:
- An offshore team is one of the best teams to work with in terms of flexibility. Since they have lots of experience, any work requirement should not be a challenge.
- Since there are no onboarding costs, your investment will be significantly lesser compared to an onshore team.
- The offshore teams are self-managed. You only have to make an effort to see that your teams work well with them. They can take care of the technology needs while you focus on the core business and operations.
- As they are timezone aligned with you, you don’t have to wait to communicate with them daily.
The third and final approach is a hybrid development process. In such an approach, an external team handles your Salesforce implementation, and the in-house team takes care of the staff training and post-development support.
Salesforce is constantly evolving and is multi-layered, so this eliminates the support and training costs that you would pay an external team.
If ever presented with a choice, we advise you to go with the most affordable and adaptable option - offshore Salesforce developers. They have a varied experience, will work at your convenience, and cost notably less, logistically as well as monetarily.
Find the best Offshore Salesforce development company for this and hire a Salesforce developer from there after interviewing them to ensure the fit your requirements.