Flosum Tool - Release Management & Continuous Integration for Salesforce
Salesforce is a fantastic platform for building applications. Salesforce lacks enterprise release management tools to help developers collaborate across the entire process of application lifecycle management.
Flosum is a flexible, robust, and easy-to-use solution for release management so you don't have to deal with a cumbersome changeset, ant scripts, or metadata API.
1. You need to register your org sandbox or prod org with Flosum. To register your org, Flosum does not use a password, but it does use OAuth authentication when connecting with another organization.
2. Flosum is much more Secure.
3. You can see the changes made to an organization on a specific date.
4. You can drill down on the user story to see the exact detail of what changes were made to this org.
Don't forget to check out: Salesforce Automation Tools - Work Faster And Smarter
Once you register your organization you can create a snapshot and create a copy of the org's metadata. You can create a complete snapshot or partial snapshot based on your requirements.
Once you have created the snapshot you can see complete metadata details of that org.
Now, this snapshot you can deploy to another organization.
You can also compare snapshots like you can compare the same org with different snapshots or you can compare different org data.
It compares entire components, not only the last modified date.
It can also be used for continuous integration every time a snapshot is created. You can submit it for a build then you can pick the build name, the snapshot to be deployed, and the target org. If there is a failure you can roll back to the previous step. In this integration, you can give quick feedback to developers if the build fails you let the developer know immediately that the build failed.
Patch:- Patches allow you to do exactly that. Using patches a developer can pick only the files that he or she wants to move between orgs. In this patch, the developer has included metadata such as apex classes, custom object, email, etc. Once the patch is created it will be deployed to any org assuming the user has permission to deploy to that.
Check out another amazing blog by Marziya here: Collections in Salesforce - A Brief Guide
- With the Flosum you don't need to deal with a changeset, ant script.
- Flosum is a complete release management solution for large enterprise organizations.
- Flosum is installed on Salesforce, or you installed on the test results package. This package is freely available on AppExchange.
- You can add a pipeline. Multiple pipelines created.
- It can manage multiple projects multiple streams of work by using agile methodology.
- Automated deployment.
- Forty percent reduction in deployment time.
- Multiple different sandboxes and the user wants to merge the code in system integration.
- We provision a brand new org that is production enterprise edition org, not a sandbox, the entire application is installed in this solution.