- September 24, 2018 at 4:31 am #38963September 24, 2018 at 4:32 am #38964shariq #1
Salesforce Dashboards are the graphical representation and Visual presentation of the data generated by a report (or multiple reports) at a certain point in time. So it’s a snapshot of data, to obtain the latest data you need to refresh them either manually or in a scheduled manner.September 25, 2018 at 11:29 am #39174Avnish Yadav #3
A dashboard is the graphical representation of the data generated by a report (or multiple reports) at certain point in time. So it’s a snapshot of data, to obtain the latest data you need to refresh them either manually or in a scheduled manner.
Thanks.September 25, 2018 at 12:45 pm #39209Anjali #8
Dashboard is a page layout for visual display of your data. Each dashboard has 1:1 mapping for its component and report. One can clubbed multiple dashboard components to display a single report. The security settings is used to control the visibility of data. These dashboards are dynamic in nature. User can only view their own data as per their settings.September 30, 2018 at 8:48 pm #42062Parul #2
Charts, tables, gauges, metrics are component in the dashboard. User can select any of these components to view data.
Chart: Chart is used for graphical presentation of data. The Visualforce has a variety of chart types to represent your data.
Gauge: This can be used when the single value needs to point within the range of custom values.
Metric: This used to represent data based on one key value.
Table: Table is used to show the set of data.
The dashboard setting option is available next to report setting for tabular reports limited by row.
Dashboard Running User concept
Each dashboard has a running user, based on security settings determined by the user the data is display in a dashboard.
To select a dashboard’s running user in Salesforce Classic use following steps:
– Go to Edit a dashboard.
– Click the down arrow button next to the View dashboard as
– Select a running user setting. It has two options
– Run as specified user. In this view all users able to see the same data regardless of their personal security settings.
– Run as logged-in user. This type of settings is used in a dynamic dashboard and each user can view only their own data
– Then select the option “Let authorized users change running user” to enable a user with permission to change the running user on the dashboard view page.
– If a user has “View My Team’s Dashboards” selection then dashboard as any user below them in the role hierarchy can view dashboard.
– “View All Data” option will allow all users to edit the dashboard and view it as any user in their organization.
– “Enable Other User’s Dashboard” will restrict the access to edit the dashboard. If they have access to it, though that user is not the running user and don’t have “View All Data.”
– Click OK.
– View dashboard as field, “running user”.
– Click Save.
Please Register to reply to this topic. /