- September 10, 2018 at 1:08 pm #33483September 10, 2018 at 1:38 pm #33504Avnish Yadav #3
Custom buttons and links help you integrate Salesforce data with external URLs, applications, your company’s intranet, or other back-end office systems.
- Custom links can link to an external URL, such as www.google.com, a Visualforce page, or your company’s intranet.
- Custom links can also link to a custom s-control in the custom s-control library, such as a Java applet or Active-X control.
- Custom buttons can connect users to external applications, such as a web page that displays a map to a contact’s address.
- Custom Button can run an s-control from the s-control library, such as an s-control that escalates a case from the case detail page.
Hope this will help you.
Thanks.September 24, 2018 at 12:09 am #38085Parul #2
Custom links can link to an external URL, such as http://www.google.com, a Visualforce page, or your company’s intranet. Custom buttons can connect users to external applications, such as web pages, and launch custom links.
There are three primary types of custom buttons and links that you can create.
List button—Appears on a related list on an object record page.
Detail page link—Appears in the Links section of the record details on an object record page.
Detail page button—Appears in the action menu in the highlights panel of a record page.
Please Register to reply to this topic. /