MemberApril 30, 2016 at 4:49 pm
How to create a mobile app using mobile SDK in salesforce?
MemberJune 13, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Using mobile SDK of salesforce you can develop:
- Native apps(ios, android, windows)
- Hybrid apps(html5)
Native app has fast performance and responsiveness while hybrid app has cross platform accessibilty
First you have to create a connected app where mobile app settings must be filled and at the same time the connected key and callback URL must be used for authentication purposes while calling through REST api for salesforce data.
with mobile sdk you donot have to write any code from scratch it automatically creates a basic app in that technology and you can make changes in that according to your requirement.
Refer following webinar for more info:
Hope it helps
MemberJune 20, 2016 at 2:53 pm
The Salesforce Mobile SDK for Android is an open source toolkit that provides a collection of native libraries to enable developers to rapidly build Android applications that securely connect to the Salesforce Platform. The SDK abstracts the underlying OAuth 2.0 and REST API calls needed to connect an Android application with the Salesforce Platform, allowing developers to focus on their app's functionality.
The SDK also provides a hybrid container based on the open source Apache Cordova (PhoneGap) project that enables HTML5-based applications to leverage device features like the camera and microphone. The hybrid SDK extends the core Cordova platform to provide additional libraries for key enterprise requirements such as OAuth 2.0 authentication and secure offline storage, effectively providing an enterprise-ready hybrid application container.
- Java JDK 6.
- Apache Ant 1.8 or later.
- Android SDK version 21 or later.
- Note: For best results, install all previous versions of the Android SDK as well as your target version.
- Eclipse version 3.6 or later.
- Android Development Tools plugin for Eclipse version 21 or later.
- An Android Virtual Device (AVD) that targets Platform 2.2 or above (we recommend 4.0 or above).
- Sign up for a free Salesforce Platform Developer Edition (DE), if you don’t already have one. This will act as your own personal test environment. You should not use this tutorial with a trial, sandbox, or production org.
Create a Connected App in Salesforce
- Log into your Developer Edition.
- Open the Setup menu by clicking [Your Name] > Setup.
- Create a new Connected App by going to App Setup > Create > Apps.
- Click the ‘New’ button in the Connected Apps list.
- Fill out all required fields and click ‘Save’:
- Connected App: MySampleApp
- Developer Name: MySampleApp
- Contact Email: Your email
- Callback URL: sfdc://success.
- Selected all available OAuth scopes
- From the detail page of the connect app you just created, copy the Consumer Key and Callback URL as you’ll need these later.
Log in to reply.