- September 28, 2018 at 1:16 pm #39474Anjali #8
How many types of portals are available in Salesforce?
How many types of portals are available in Salesforce?September 28, 2018 at 7:35 pm #39592Parul #2
There are 3 types of Salesforce.com Portals:
- Customer Portal
- Partner Portal
- Self Service Portal
The feature differences are that Partner Portal exposes the Leads and Opportunity objects whereas the Customer Portal does not.
Customer Portal is to support your customers.
Partner Portal is to support your Partners. Partner users are Salesforce users with limited capabilities. They are associated with a particular partner account, have limited access to your organization’s data, and log in via a partner portal. But when compared, Partner portal is costlier than Customer Portal.
Self-Service provides an online support channel for your customers – allowing them to resolve their inquiries without contacting a customer service representative.
A Salesforce.com Customer Portal is similar to a Self-Service portal in that it provides an online support channel for your customers—allowing them to resolve their inquiries without contacting a customer service representative.September 28, 2018 at 8:31 pm #39638shariq #1
A Customer Portal provides significantly richer functionality than a Self-Service portal. This is because a Customer Portal has functionality similar to Salesforce.com. With a Customer Portal, you can customize and deliver a visually stunning user interface to your customers, and use the following Salesforce.comfeatures to help you and your customers succeed:
- Determine which pages and fields customers see with page layouts and field-level security
- Manage customers with profiles, roles, and sharing rules
- Provide and organize documents via Salesforce CRM Content or the Documents tab
- Create a knowledge base for your customers using Salesforce Knowledge
- Allow customers to participate in Salesforce CRM Ideas communities.
- Display and collect data that is unique to your organization with custom objects
- Display custom s-controls and content from other websites via Web tabs
- Provide customized reports via the Reports tab
Please Register to reply to this topic. /