Company Description As the USC School for Communication and Journalism embarks upon a new era of data-driven decision making and workflow optimization, with a new Salesforce CRM and BI solution, we are searching for an enthusiastic and organized salesforce administrator to join our dynamic and collaborative Technical Services and Operations team.
Experience Required3 - 7 YearsJob Description
As the Senior Salesforce Administrator (Database Administrator Sr.), you will lead the ongoing development of our salesforce.com deployment, drive successful utilization, and maintain a highly customized Salesforce CRM and analytics integration.
The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the Force.com platform. The administrator will work closely with functional leaders, operational units, and subject matter experts to identify develop and deploy new business processes including Admissions, Marketing and Events, Operations, and our core student-focused business processes. This role is a part technical project manager, part administrator and part Salesforce analyst. The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for executing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our complex CRM and BI platform.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Force.com environment and related integration (Salesforce, Heroku, Pardot, Informatica, etc.)
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepares for upgrades
- Manage Force.com data feeds and other integrations (Emsi, LinkedIn, SIS, etc.)
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Work with our management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Create and maintain systems documentation, artifacts relating best practices and systems configuration, and user support materials
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on database design, management, and implementation; including: data integration, ETL processing, and data analytics and visualization.
- Stay informed of industry trends, latest practices, and emerging technologies.
- Pursue continual skills development through online training, industry publications, and attending educational conferences, symposia, and training seminars.
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes