- March 28, 2017 at 12:56 pm #18694Saurabh #29
What is difference between Freezing a user and Deactivating a user in salesforce?
What is difference between Freezing a user and Deactivating a user in salesforce?March 28, 2017 at 1:05 pm #18697Suraj #149
There are some cases in which you can not immediately deactivate a user for example when a user is selected in a custom hierarchy field. To prevent users from logging in to your organisation while you perform the steps to deactivate them, you can freeze user accounts.
Suppose if you have n number of Accounts after Freezing number of Account will be same n and If you Deactivate an Account the number of Account will be (n-1)
Hope this will help you.February 12, 2018 at 8:35 am #25217PRANAV #9
- In some cases, you can’t immediately deactivate an account, such as when a user is selected in a custom hierarchy field. To prevent users from logging in to your organization while you perform the steps to deactivate them, you can freeze user accounts.
- Does not free up license(Just Prevent User Login).
- Freeze will block the user from Login but everything within the system pertaining to the user will be still intact. e.g. Agents freezing some one’s Bank Account.
- You can’t delete a user, but you can deactivate an account so a user can no longer log in to Salesforce.
- Able to free up a user license.
- Deactivate is the process of decommissioning the User and all its related License and few configurations as well. User Record , thought inactive, still exist in Salesforce, not sure why.
Hope this helps you more.
Please Register to reply to this topic. /