- July 18, 2018 at 9:04 am #29987Anjali #8
How to create Data Extention in Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
How to create Data Extention in Salesforce Marketing Cloud?July 18, 2018 at 9:50 am #30012shradha jain #14
The steps to create data extensions in marketing cloud are:
- Hover over Subscribers.
- Click Data Extensions.
- Click the Create button
- Click Standard Data Extension(according to your choice).
- Click OK.
- Complete the information in the Properties section:
For Creation Method select Create from New and complete the details such as Name, External Key, Description, Location, Used for Sending, Used for Testing, Campaign.
- Click Next.
- Retention Setting – Select On to ensure that the application deletes all records in the data extension at the same time
1. Individual Records – When this option is selected, the data extension is retained but the individual records inside the data extension are deleted.
2. All Records – When this option is selected, the data extension is retained but the records inside the data extension are deleted.
3. All Records and Data Extension – When this option is selected, the entire data extension and the records inside the data extension are deleted.
1. After: Enter the number of days after the data extension was created to wait before deleting.
2. Reset period on import: To extend the retention date following a new import.
3. On: Select a specific date to delete.
September 23, 2018 at 8:46 am #37630Parul #2
- Click Next.
- Include a field with the Email Address data type for email sends or a Phone data type for SMS sends in sendable data extensions.
- If the Email Address or Phone data types are not present, the subscriber receives no messages sent using the data extension.
- Click Create.
Create a Data Extension
Follow these steps to create a data extension in Marketing Cloud Contact Builder.
Click Data Extensions.
Select the data extension method in the Creation Method dropdown menu:
Create from New – create a data extension and manually insert all attributes
Create from Existing – create a data extension and include all attributes assigned via the existing data extension, or add attributes later in the creation process
Create from Template – create a data extension and include all attributes assigned in the template, or you can add attributes later in the creation process
Enter a name for the data extension in the Name field.
Note the external key provided in the External Key field. Use the provided external key or enter a unique key of your own in this field. Each data extension must use a unique external key.
Enter a brief description of the data extension in the Description field.
Click Change Location and choose the location for storing the data extension:
To use an existing folder, click the folder and click OK.
To create a folder, click Create New Folder and name your folder. Select that folder when you complete the creation process.
Select the Is Sendable? checkbox to make this data extension available as the source of a send.
Select the Is Testable? checkbox to make this data extension available for testing.
To set a data retention policy for your data extension, click On under Data Retention.
To apply the data retention policy, click the button under the Apply To heading for the entity or entities.
Click the appropriate button under the Retention Period heading:
For a revolving time period, enter the number in the text field. Select the unit of measure in the dropdown menu next to the first button. For example, you could enter the number 6 and select Months in the dropdown menu to enforce a 6-month data retention policy.
For a set date, select the date next to the second button.
To make the attribute include the unique identifier for all records within the data extension, choose the Primary Key checkbox.
Enter a name for the attribute in the Name field.
Choose a data type from the Data Type dropdown menu.
For decimal data types, enter the maximum amount of numbers in the first text field. Enter the amount of numbers to appear to the right of the decimal point in the second text field.
If the attribute must contain a value for every contact, choose Required.
To allow in this attribute in the Length field, enter the number of characters.
To force the attribute to contain a value by default, enter that value in the Default Value text field.
Repeat steps 12 through 17 for more attributes within the data extension.
Please Register to reply to this topic. /