Lightning Web Components ( LWCs ) are User Interface (UI) framework and utilized for creating applications with desktop and mobile technologies. This framework acts as a new kind of programming model for the development of Salesforce Lightning components. It is possible to make a single-page web application, providing an end-to-end solution with the help of these components.
Evolution of Lightning Web Components
Benefits of Lightning Web Components
- Builds components for pages at a faster rate with standardized-based architecture.
- It has the capability of quick deployment with code reusability.
- Builds Lightning pages easily with the standardized architecture.
- Implements the components with a few clicks only.
- Creates tailored applications with extension from the user community as well as Salesforce, the latter used for the LWC platform.
- Features of LWC and Visualforce can act in combination to build a page consisting of both the functionalities. The Aura apps also support the LWC.
Differences Between LWC and Lightning Components
Lightning web components are more advanced than the Lightning components as it comes with modern web standards, for a more efficient building process.
Here are some of the differences between the two:
Lightning Web Components
|Developers must have proficiency in the Salesforce platform.||Requires not much familiarity with the Salesforce platform, aligned with the modern web standards.|
Uses standard tools of the likes of
|Not supportive of Unit Testing framework.||Supportive of Unit Testing framework.|
|Relies heavily on the Aura framework. It is not built on code that runs natively on browsers.||Delivers on the faster performance of applications as it is natively supported in the browsers.|
|Takes a longer time to build and deliver.||Uses code that runs natively on browsers and results in improved performance and faster deployment.|
Some tips on writing LWC code with Service components
Modular reusable code must be written with the increased complexity of your application. Here are some tips for the developer to write the LWC code with service components: