Top 150+ Salesforce Interview Questions
Top 150+ Salesforce interview questions and answers with detailed explanation
Salesforce Interview Questions Part 1
1. What is Cloud Computing?
- Cloud computing is defined as resources located at a remote location that is used for a specific purpose, and they can be accessed from anywhere in the world (using the internet) and from any device.
- Cloud computing is also a broad term used to define infrastructure, platform, software, and data storage hosted on a remote server.
2. What are the different types of cloud computing models? Also, where does Salesforce fit in these types?
SAAS – Software as a service
- Ex: Google Apps, Dropbox, Salesforce CRM, Cisco WebEx, Concur, GoToMeeting
PAAS – Platform as a service
- Ex: Windows Azure, Heroku, Force.com, Google App Engine
IAAS – Infrastructure as a service
- Ex: Rackspace, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine (GCE)
Don't forget to check out: Top Helpful Youtube Channels To Get You Started With Salesforce
Salesforce Interview Questions Part 2
22. What is an object in Salesforce?
Objects are database tables that allow us to store specific to organization data in Salesforce. Each object contains fields and relationships.
23. What are all the different types of objects available in Salesforce?
There are two types of objects in Salesforce. They are:
- Standard objects: The objects provided by Salesforce are called standard objects. For example Leads, accounts, contacts opportunities, products, campaigns, and cases
- Custom Objects: The objects created by us are called custom objects. Example invoice__c , Employee__c and Payroll__c. Note that all custom object names end with __c.
Salesforce Interview Questions Part 3
48. What is a user in Salesforce?
- A salesforce user is the one who can log into Salesforce. It gives them access to all the functionality of Salesforce based on their profiles and roles.
- A user can be a system administrator, Sales Rep, Marketing managers, etc.
- Each salesforce user consumes one Salesforce license in the org.
49. How to delete a Salesforce user?
Salesforce users cannot be deleted. They can only be deactivated.
Salesforce Interview Questions Part 4
78. What is a formula field?
Formula field is one of the fields in Salesforce which is a read-only field that means users cannot edit and enter any values in this field.
The value of the formula field is evaluated from the formula or expression defined by us.
Formula fields can be created in both standard object and custom object.
If we change the expression of formula then automatically the value of the formula field will be updated.
- We can write a formula field with a maximum of 3600 characters and a maximum number of characters displayed after an evaluation of a formula expression is 1,300.
- Cannot exceed 4000 bytes when saved and cannot exceed 5000 bytes when compiled.
Salesforce Interview Questions Part 5
96. What are the different automation tools available in Salesforce?
- Approval Process
- Process Builder
- Flow Builder
97. What are workflows?
Workflow allows us to automate the organization's business processes quickly without writing any code with the following four actions.
- Task – a task can be created
- Email alert – An email can be sent
- Field Update – To update the field
- Outbound Message – to send outbound messages or data to an external system.
Salesforce Interview Questions Part 6
129. What is a process builder?
Process builder also allows us to automate the organization’s business processes quickly without writing any code similar to Workflow but it is more powerful and flexible than workflow and gives us a graphical representation as we build it.
130. What are the different processes a process builder supports?
Process builder supports three types of processes for automation needs.
- A record Change – Process starts when a record is created or updated.
- A Platform event occurs – process starts when the platform event message is received.
- It’s invoked by another process – Process starts when something else, like another process, invokes it.
Check out another amazing tutorial video here: Salesforce Full Course - Learn Salesforce in 9 Hours | Salesforce Training Video
Salesforce Interview Questions Part 7
141. What is Sales cloud?
- Sales cloud refers to the sales module in Salesforce.com CRM. It includes lead, account, contacts, contacts, opportunities, products, price book, quotes, and campaign.
- It includes features such as web-to-lead to get an online lead from the website (company website), lead response rules, lead assignment rules.
- It is designed to start to end setup for the entire sales process, so companies use this to help generate revenue.
142. What is the difference between Sales cloud and sales cloud automation?
Sales Cloud includes
- price book
Sales Cloud automation
- Lead auto-response rule
- Lead auto-assignment rule
- Lead process
- Organization-wide email address