Talking about a CRM both MS Dynamics and Salesforce are great platforms to work on. But with the advancement and upgradation in technological development, both CRM have their pros, and cons with certain limitations, which separate them from each other.
Migrating from MS Dynamics to Salesforce helps you to unlock great opportunities, by helping you to boost your sales growth, marketing, and service activities. It also helps to improve the quality of your data to nourish and accelerate your business operations.
Checklist for Migration
Salesforce is a highly beneficial CRM choice for the company/business that is planning to grow and flourish its progress rate and customer relationship. Integrating a CRM solution through Salesforce Integration with backend enterprise solutions such as SAP ERP is crucial for attaining a true 360o customer view. The customer’s 3600 view helps to provide a customized and personalized engagement that helps to enhance customer loyalty and delight. Salesforce is the most powerful CRM solution and integrating it helps the business/company to expand their sales operation and enhance customer engagement, it also helps to provide you with innovative products and system integrations.
Switching from one CRM to another one is not an easy task, as the person must have proper research and management regarding their business purpose and increase in expense. The reason why one should choose Salesforce over MS Dynamics can be clearly stated with a few reasons that showcase the benefits of using Salesforce:
- Salesforce aids you with better product functionality
- Salesforce is much user friendly in comparison to MS Dynamics
- Salesforce helps to provide integration with Third Parties.
- Salesforce is one of the most powerful CRM tools, that is loaded with a great number of features.
Don't forget to check out: Makes Migration Between Salesforce Org Easy Using BOFC Application
Benefits of Switching Dynamics to Salesforce
Dynamics can be considered a great option for the beginner person, as it helps to deliver all the basic functionalities of the CRM at a very low price. But when we talk about high-scale business management it is highly lacking behind, due to its poor functionality and feature limitations. Salesforce provides you with a feature-loaded customizable platform that helps you to grow your business exponentially, through proper customer insight and marketing benefits.
These are a few advantages of migration to the Salesforce platform
- Helps to save money on unnecessary system maintenance and unifying all the processes internationally.
- Provides an opportunity for introducing cooperate-level policies of the system use applicable for all divisions.
- Helps to reinforce the data quality standards and cleanse, enrich, dedupe, and normalize the poor datasets.
- Helps to optimize functionality by refining the process.
- Makes the customization and configuration of the platform simpler and seamless with the help of point-and-click tools.
- Elevate the security standards and user permissions to a higher level
- Improves the system scalability and agility and helps to increase the business growth potential.
- Delivers a much more user-friendly navigation experience.
- Delivers a regular system update with detailed guidelines on the updates, making it handy both for end users and admins.
Apart from all these points, Salesforce is a world-famous platform, which makes it easy to attain freelancing specialists and consulting agencies in any part of the world.
How Migration from Dynamics to Salesforce Works
Migrating from one CRM to another requires great expertise, guidance, money, time, and resources. There are various things that the company needs to consider like the relevancy of the particular field and objects to the particular User IDs.
The list of factors that one needs to consider before migrating to some CRM are listed below;
- The existing organizational complexity
- Number of customizations implemented
- Total System Users
- Levels of User Permissions
- Industry of your business
- About the regions and countries in which your business is operated
- The number of changes/tweaks that are required by your CRM to align and function smoothly.
These are the few steps that are required to be followed during the migration process
- Customer’s MS Dynamics instance data and processes are required to be analyzed with proper detailing with the formulation of data migration strategy
- Setting up the Salesforce Service Cloud including objects, rules, and requirement-based processing of the workflow, and unlocks out-of-the-box functionalities like email-to-case.
- Salesforce instance newly setup customization based on the requirements.
- Establishing the community in the community cloud and creating a knowledge base lightning experience with several customizations.
- Fetching the data and preparing it according to the Salesforce requirement using SQL with the help of Data Migration.
Check out another amazing blog by Avinash here: Microsoft Dynamics vs Salesforce - All You Need to Know
Mistakes to avoid when migrating from Microsoft Dynamics to Salesforce
Even after long research and analysis, CRM fails to deliver you best results for your business. There can be many reasons aside from a CRM failure such as functionality, high cost, poor support system improper compatibility with the business.
There are various things and factors that are needed to be accounted for before migrating from Microsoft Dynamics to Salesforce
- Planning – Planning is one of the most essential parts of any company/business as it helps them to execute their task/processes efficiently. Similarly, one should have a good planning strategy before migrating to a different CRM. In many cases, users may not be required to transfer all the processes because both Salesforce and MS Dynamics are modular which helps the user to choose and pick the respective functionality they require to be transferred.
- Data Cleansing – Data is considered to be the most essential part of improving sales growth, more refined data means more chances of gaining potential and loyal customers. Keeping your migration tidy with less data migration at the beginning makes the CRM launching easier and helps to eliminate potential hiccups once gone live. Data Cleansing helps to maintain the productivity and profitability of the CRM. Combing the data on the regular basis helps you to pull out inactive and duplicate contacts and helps to keep your data in good shape.
- Data Mapping - Salesforce and MS Dynamics are two products that classify and store data differently. After scrubbing the data, it is needed to be mapped. Mapping the data is important, as the imported data does not use the same field on the software and service that you’re trying to place in. Salesforce allows you to download a data import template from Dynamics while migrating your data into Salesforce.
- Integrations - Both Dynamics and Salesforce are customizable with third-party integration. The main drawback of Dynamics is that it integrates with other products from Microsoft productivity and business application suites.
- User Training - Getting the right capability for consumer learning of the CRM may be very important and each CRM has its personal and different capabilities.
Salesforce being a top-rating CRM caters to big functionalities and calls for its consumer to have the right operational training. Constructing the right lesson plan enables in making the process less complicated and accelerates the operational process. Migrating from Microsoft Dynamics to Salesforce calls for training because the part of implementation service, numerous different consumer training alternatives can assist get a grip on the brand new system.
In the endnote, if you're interested in switching from Microsoft Dynamics to Salesforce, and require more help on your product migration, we might be glad to assist in any manner.
Do not forget you are just a single call away from our expert consultants, who will guide you via your subsequent steps and make your switching journey easier.