Salesforce with DocuSign
In this era of information where everything is online so why should we wait for paper based signing of document when it can be done digitally. So why we wait for a number of days to get confirmation regarding the document when it can be done in minutes. This problem is solved by DocuSign where paper-based signing of document is replaced by digital signing of the document. As DocuSign based on Software as a service cloud platform, So it provide us the feature that is accessible to anytime, anywhere on any device. It help us in accelerated transaction so the we can get the results within minimum time frame and we can proceed our transaction as per the flow of transaction. So we can know whether the recipient agree for the transaction or not and in that we can proceed with the transaction for future actions. It help us in get digital conformation of transaction with easy, fast and more secure way to send, sign, manage and store documents in cloud. As for the salesforce it help us in keeping the track of the progress of deal which we generated within the salesforce. It allow user to send the document for digital signature from within the salesforce and guide signer in the signing process. In salesforce we can get docuSign under the managed package. We can use one DocuSign account in one salesforce environment.
Why Should we use DocuSign?
- It help us in reducing paper works.
- It reduce the transaction time as we don’t need to wait for days to get signature of signer, this can be achieved in minutes.
- It is a most secure way for the digital signature.
- It store our document on cloud so we can get the document when we want.
- It is easy to send document and also easy to receive as we can get this document anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Installation and configuring DocuSign within Salesforce.
Install DocuSign in Salesforce
- Goto AppExchange in salesforce environment.
- Then search DocuSign in AppExchange and click Get it Now.
- Then click Log into the AppExchange and then select the option according to your salesforce environment if you using sandbox then click Install in sandbox or otherwise click Install in Production.
- Review package installation details.Then check the checkbox for the Terms and condition and click confirm and install.
- Then enter your Salesforce environment credential and then select the installation option for user as per your requirement and if you wish then you can view component that are getting install with DocuSign for Salesforce and then click install to continue installation.
- Approve the Third party Access. In this, you will see the list of websites that package might send or receive data at the time transaction.
- Click the checkbox of Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites.
- Click continue.
- Approve the package Api access and click next.
- Then choose security level this determine the user access to DocuSign for salesforce, we recommend you to use Grant access to all user and click next.
- Then click install and after installation you will see the DocuSign for salesforce in installed packages list of salesforce environment.
Configuration of DocuSign in Salesforce
The configure of DocuSign for Salesforce is about connecting the DocuSign account and DocuSign features to salesforce layout.
It is a two step Process:-
- Sign in or create a DocuSign Account.
- Connect salesforce with DocuSign.
Connect Salesforce with DocuSign
- From the Force.com app menu, select the DocuSign for salesforce.
- Click DocuSign Admin tab in salesforce and then select the DocuSign tab inside it.
- Enter your DocuSign credentials and if you don’t have DocuSign account then goto step 3.
- Select the salesforce environment associated with your DocuSign Account.
- Click Login button.
- Then enter the salesforce credentials and check the checkbox of I agree to ….
- Click Connect.
- Now you successfully connect your DocuSign with Salesforce account.
- To Create an account in DocuSign
- Goto the DocuSign website(https://www.docusign.com/).
- Then select the Freetrail(Which valid for the 30 days).
- Fill the information on the page.
- Then you will get an activation link on our mention email account.
- In your email account follow activation instructions to activate your account and create a password.
- Return to DocuSign for salesforce and continue with the step 2.
And Second way to connect salesforce environment to your DocuSIgn account
- Goto DocuSign Website(https://www.docusign.com)
- If you have DocuSign Account then login in DocuSign by enter your credentials and if not then check the previous steps to create a DocuSign account.
- Now from DocuSign application, click the account select list and select My preferences. In Navigation panel on left side, under signing and setting section, click Connected Apps.
- In the list select Salesforce and click connect.
- A pop-up shown enter your salesforce credentials and your DocuSign Account get connect with Salesforce environment.
Configuration for Salesforce Organisation
Add DocuSign feature to Salesforce layout
- In DocuSign for salesforce app, goto DocuSign Admin tab.
- Then select the layout tab and click Add Remote Site.
- Then you can add the Docusign feature in Salesforce layout.
- After that you select where to add DocuSign feature in Salesforce layout.
- After that you can add the button in Salesforce layout from salesforce palette to respective Salesforce object on which you show that button.
As DocuSign for Salesforce managed package,so you can create your own custom button to help your tasks.
Custom Button Configuration:-
- From Salesforce.com goto setup of force.com.
- In left side click on customize and expand the list and and select Buttons and links.
- Click New Button and link and then add the button label and name.
- Set the following attributes of button
- Display type: select Detail Page Button.
The docuSign custom tags are integrated with salesforce object. When we use custom tag with merge field setting is added to a document, the salesforce data is imported into the tag. It is useful in pulling data from salesforce if any update on data occur on document by signer then it got reflect back in salesforce (this can we achieve only when we enable the writeback option at the time time of creation of the custom tags).