- As we can understand the name Rollup means it rollups the Salesforce data (Count, Max, Min, Average) from a child object to a parent object.
- Rollup Helper allows these features in a Lookup Relationship and also in Master-Detail Relationship.
Note:- Only 3 Rollups can be run in Real-Time, Schedule, and Manual run Roll ups in the free version.
How We Can Install It
- Login in AppExchange.
- Search for Rollup Helper.
- Now, click on Get it Now. Then you can install it for all users or for admin only, it depends on you.
- Now, you can find the application in your Salesforce organization on the app launcher.
How to Use it
- After installing it from AppExchange. Open rollup helper from the app launcher. After clicking on it you will find 3 tabs: - Rollup Helper, Rollup Helper Help, All Rollups.
- In the Rollup Helper tab, you will get so many options like create, view, export, etc.
- In the Rollup Helper Help tab, you will find the documentation. If you need any help, you can get help from there.
- In the All Rollup tab, you can view all rollups created in the organization.
- Now click on the Rollup Helper tab. Click on Create icon to create a new rollup.
Don't forget to check out: Search Account Record Using Salesforce Flows | Learn Here
Step 1: Select Destination Object
This is the parent object where you want to see your rollups results. For instance, if you are counting the number of Contacts on an Account object, the Account would be the Destination object. Select your Destination object.
Step 2: Select Target Field
This is the field you are rolling up to on the parent object. You can either: Create a new field or you can use existing fields, it depends on your requirements.
This is for the existing field.
Also, you can create new fields.
Check out another amazing blog by Deepanshi here: Salesforce Data Loader Guide - Here's All You Need to Know
Step 3: Select Source Field
Source field is the child object field. You will get an option to select Source (from where the data is coming) which means the child object and then select child field.
Step 4: After selecting the Child object you will get an option to choose the type (Sum, Count, Average, Min, Max) on that child object we should use as a source of our rollup.
Step 5: You can also add your new filter criteria as per your requirement after selecting the type according to your condition.
Now, click on Save and you can schedule it as well.