A user is a person who has credentials to login into Salesforce and is able to use the assigned application in Salesforce. The user in Salesforce must require the following information in his user account:
- You must log in through the “SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR” account for creating the new user
- The username in the user account is UNIQUE all over the Salesforce organization.
- Only SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION profile users can create and manage users accounts in org., assigning user licenses, changing passwords, granting permissions to access certain data in Salesforce.
- You can create “Multiple User ” at a time by clicking on “Add Multiple User” and you can add up to 10 users at a time in your Salesforce org.
Creating Users in Salesforce Organization:
Step 1:- Click on the gear icon and click on the Setup option.
Don't forget to check out: Delete Default RecordType for Chatter User Profiles | Salesforce Developer Guide
Step 2:- In the quick find search box search “User” and then click on the User from the bottom of the suggestion menu.
Step 3:- Some user lists are shown on the user page. Click on the New User button to create a new user.
Step 4:- Now you have to fill in general information about users like First Name, Last Name, Alias, Email, Username, Nickname, Role, User License, Profile, etc.
- Alias:- It automatically takes the first letter of First Name and First Four Letters of Last Name. But you can change it according to your requirement.
- Username:- It must be “Unique” all over the Salesforce org. It automatically takes the Email Id which you filled into the Email Field.
- Nickname:- It automatically generates one Id for Nickname. But you can add Nickname according to requirement.
- Role:- You can specify the role to the user according to requirement.
- License:- Select a license for the user according to requirement.
- Profile:- Select a required profile for the user.
- You can fill in other information like Title, Company, Department, Division, Phone, Mobile, etc.
- Also, you can enable various checkboxes present in the user window according to your requirement or for allowing extra access to the user.
Check out another amazing blog by Rajat here: How to Create Profile and Manage Permissions on It | Salesforce Developer Guide
Step 5:- You can add a mailing address to your user window also. Now check the checkbox of Generate Password and Notify User Immediately.
Now Click on the “Save” button.
Note:- The red mark fields are mandatory fields. So that you can fill or manage according to requirement.
Step 6:- You can reset your user password by clicking on the “Reset Password ” button and one email will be sent on the user email id which you provided while creating a user and using this email user can set the password as he wants.
Hence your new user is created successfully.
I hope this information will help you to understand how to create users in Salesforce.