Salesforce makes the use of various effective techniques to secure your data
SSL technology – Salesforce makes use of SSL technology to protect your data from any kind of breach and infringement. SSL also known as (Secure Socket Technology) is an internet security protocol that is encryption based, which helps to maintain authentication and data integrity by ensuring privacy.
Salesforce helps the user by providing a unique id and username to each member of the organization which is important to be entered by the user when he/she logs in. Instead of using cookies for storing the user’s sessional and confidential information, Salesforce uses the advanced method which uses dynamic data and encoded session ids.
Salesforce makes use of a firewall-protected safe and secure hosted environment, including advanced technologies that help to restrict intruders. It also helps to store the customer’s data in a primary database server that includes multiple active clusters for frequent availability.
Salesforce stores the customer’s data using a highly redundant class disk storage that consists of Multiple Data paths to ensure reliability and performance. It uses covered services for submitting every customer’s data with the commitment up to the last transaction, which gets replicated automatically to the secondary site on a real-time basis, which gets backed up to the Localized data store. These backups get stored in the same data centres after getting verified for integrity.
Don't forget to check out: Learn About Permission Sets in Salesforce | Salesforce Security Guide
Levels of Security Used by Salesforce
Salesforce uses three levels of Security which are Objects, Fields, and Records
- Object Level Security - Before granting permission to the user, Salesforce itself verifies the content to see the object. This level of Security is managed by using 2 configurations
- Profile - These are used to control the object-level security. A profile is considered to be the most important part of page layout assignments and log-in IP restrictions
- Permission Sets and permission Set Groups – Permission sets are considered to be the primary way of assigning object or field permissions, as they provide more flexibility, and packageability and are easily upgradable too.
- Field Level Security – Similar to object-level security field-level security also permission sets and permission set groups after which only the user gets access to field-level security.
- Record Level Security – Record level security is mostly accessible by the owners of the record, it can be considered as another way of providing ownership to the user.
How Salesforce is Better than Other CRMs
- Customization with proper Scalability – Salesforce is highly efficient in maintaining a good relationship with its customers in comparison to the other CRMs, by having the high capability of Scaling up every business and providing a customization fitting according to the customer’s needs. Salesforce permits its customers to personalize their Emails.
- Provides Multitenant Architecture – Salesforce is known for maintaining performance with large and small clients without any variation in service quality. It provides its clients with the infrastructure and one platform. This structure is also assured with proper updates and upgrades.
- Giving Partner Ecosystem – After becoming a partner with Salesforce you are with access to various free and popular apps and provide with an opportunity to develop the app for Salesforce and market it. You are also provided access to various important tools.
- Security – Various CRMs lack provide security services Salesforce keeps the proper security check by providing its customers with proper security services. Salesforce comprises various pre-installed security features that help the owner to decide he/she wants to provide access to the specific Organization.
Salesforce Cloud Apps Advantages
Salesforce is known for offering Innovative SaaS Solutions which help several businesses to use a common platform that is very cost-effective and helps to save money. On the other, it helps many businesses to grow many folds with better-enhanced communication through the Salesforce cloud. These are cloud services and Sales Chatters. Sales Cloud is the tools-loaded platform packed with features, which help to take care of everything related to customers, which includes nurturing the performance analytics, monitoring pipelines, etc.
Check out an amazing Salesforce video tutorial here: Salesforce Security Review | Tutorial Video
Loaded with Features for Salesperson and the Market
Salesforce is known for delivering greatly advanced features that are not delivered on other CRMs, this feature includes the management of contacts, efficient task management, workflow management, and track opportunities, using collaboration tools. Along with these features it also offers designed features for marketing leads and interrogating the emails.