Every process in an organization is purpose-oriented. Similarly, every innovative activity has a desired goal in accordance with the strategic growth of the company. And those desired goals can be termed innovation goals. Achieving innovation goals helps an organization build the future of the business.
In this article, we have shared various tips to achieve innovation goals along with ways to maximize your innovative results.
Tips to Achieve Innovation Goals
Every business has some desired set of innovation goals. Despite endless efforts, innovation often does not result in anticipated success. So, in order to achieve those goals, it is best for a business to follow some best practices. Here is a quick glimpse into these:
Clarity In Corporate Vision
A clear corporate vision sets up a good foundation to innovate and achieve goals. Corporate vision defines the direction for the growth of a company’s products and services. Every innovation strategy that falls in line with the corporate strategy contributes to a company’s innovation goals.
Company’s Innovation History
A company’s past innovation brings insights into its future strategies. It helps in drafting a set of dos and don’ts that emphasize the accomplishment of goals.
Reviewing Innovation Goals
Validating your innovation goals with the current trends in the market will help you better regulate your innovation strategy. This can ensure your business gains sustainable profit from its innovation activities.
Don't forget to check out: 6 Salesforce Books You Need To Check Out
Using Innovation Challenges to Reach Innovation Goals
An innovation challenge gives a clear picture of an organization’s future goals. A challenge provides a well-defined path to utilize the brainpower of an organization. When an organization’s brainpower is put to use, it helps get solutions for various business problems.
Focusing all your creative energy on a specific goal will help get fast results whilst accomplishing a challenge. In fact, challenges act as a harbinger of motivation. While internal challenges help harness the brainpower of the employees, external challenges widen the scope of ideas by including customers, suppliers, and even the general public in finding innovative solutions.
Achievements through Innovation Challenges:
- Incremental Innovation - It refers to minimal changes or enhancements to an already-in-use service or a product.
- Radical Innovation - It gives an entirely new perspective to a problem and offers a new vision to the untapped issues of an organization.
- Disruptive Innovation - It includes specific products and services of an organization that target remote markets in a better manner by providing quick and practical solutions to their problems.
- Architectural Innovation - It refers to a technological approach or a leaning from one field to another.
Driving Innovation Challenges in an Idea Management Software
An idea management software allows gathering information and ideas from your employees and customers in your Salesforce community. It organizes and analyzes the ideas to achieve the business’ innovation goals. As innovation plays an important role in the growth and development of an organization, encouraging an organization to tread on the path of innovation can yield fruitful results. Following are a few ways that can help maximize innovation results:
- Involving your employees and customers in the process of innovation can be rewarding. If more people are incorporating creative ideas and sharing their feedback, better are the chances to brainstorm a new path to success.
- Increasing the number of users on the idea management platform not only widens the pool of ideas but also enhances the scope of innovation.
- Creating a challenging environment can help you reach your innovation goals fast. Discussing new challenges on the idea management platform every couple of months will create an innovation-seeking atmosphere.
- Branded challenge campaigns with striking images, defined deadlines, and a detailed context help create better innovation practices.
- Categorizing challenges with the strategic goals of a business helps in creating a clear vision of the organization’s future accomplishments.
Check out another amazing blog by Sukhwinder here: Maximize Your Salesforce Investment With Our Custom Solutions
Online communities are a great medium to drive innovation and help an organization achieve its innovation goals. However, for that to happen successfully, it’s imperative to collect ideas and manage them on an idea management platform. That‘s where you need IdeasPro, an idea management platform that allows a wider audience to participate and contribute to the creative growth of a company. Packed with 20+ functionalities, IdeasPro helps manage ideas in the Salesforce Community and helps you go the extra mile with utilizing ideas through its additional features.
Want to Drive Innovation in Your Salesforce Community With Ideaspro? Let’s talk!
If you want to know more about IdeasPro, our Salesforce wizards will be happy to pitch in. And if you have more questions, feel free to write to us at [email protected] and we’ll take it from there.