Grant Account Login Access in Salesforce
Grant Account login access in Salesforce is a standard inbuilt salesforce feature. It might possible that sometimes you have queries or issues with salesforce itself or the applications you have installed in your Salesforce Org. In order to assist with the issue, you can grant account login access to the salesforce.com support or other Provider support whose applications you have installed in your org for a definite time.
This is the way to support can login into your org, using your login and can fix the issues you are facing.
To Grant Account login access in Salesforce you can follow these simple steps :
Go to-> Grant Account login access option in your personal setup.Find ‘Personal Setup’, at one of these places-
- In Lighting Experience, go to Settings->My personal Information->Grant Account login access.
- In the older salesforce classic setup go to Setup-> Personal Information-> Grant Account login access
- In the newer salesforce classic setup go to My Settings > Personal > Grant Account login access.
Select the Access duration i.e how long support can have access to your account and save.
After saving, the Support will able to login to your account.
Points to keep in mind while granting access
- You can not grant login access if you’re logged in as another individual through their login access. For instance, a System Administrator cannot login as their end user and Grant Login Access to Salesforce Support. If the Admin has the feature “Organization Admins can log in as Any User” privilege, Salesforce Support cannot login as a System Administrator and then login as any User in their Organization. If Support has to access to both the end user and the Admin’s account, both the Administrator and End User has to grant access separately.
- You can either grant login access or you can grant a month as an option. It is whatever you are most comfortable with providing. Also once your case has been closed you are encouraged to go back in and set the access back to “No Access”.
- You could not grant access to certain organizations if your administrator has implemented restrictions or a packaged application’s license prevents it.