Process Builder is the advanced version of workflow. Process builder is used to automate complex business processes in real-time. Process builder is user-friendly and easy to configure only by point and click.
It helps create processes without writing triggers or code that makes it better in use.
Since Process Builder is an advanced version of workflow, four actions that can be performed by workflow can also be implemented by process builder but there are some additional actions we can perform by process builder.
Don't forget to check out: Drag and Drop Address Field on Google Map | Salesforce Help Guide
Process Builder Actions Are:
- Create a record: We can create records by manually entering values or y using related record values
- Update any related record: It updates one or more records or related records
- Quick Actions: We can call quick actions in the process builder like log a call.
- Launch a flow: Creates a flow to perform logic and enables triggers.
- Send an email: It is used to send an email by using email alert actions.
- Post to chatter: Post a feed to the user or group of users or record that started the process.
- Submit for Approval: We can submit the records for approval.
- Apex: We can call apex classes to the process builder to perform actions.
The above image showing the simple 9UI of Process Builder.
That starts with the object on which we want to perform actions, which we can select according to our requirements. And then in the next step, we can add filter criteria based on which true and false condition process will move to the next step.
And lastly, the most important feature is that we can schedule actions in the future as well means that whenever resources are available, process builders will perform an action.