Are you considering getting into Salesforce? Maybe you are thinking of a new career path, your work is migrating to Salesforce, or you just want to know a bit more about the platform. Here are some tips that we have come up with to get you started.
- Take an Instructor-led class. Not only is this probably one of the most comprehensive ways to learn Salesforce, but it’s also a great introduction that you take with like-minded people. For more information about Instructor-led classes, you can check out our website.
- Consider an apprenticeship, they are out there!
- Consider offering your services to a non-profit, they are always looking for helping hands and you can sometimes get hands-on experience.
- Use Trailhead! Trailhead is not only a great way to learn about Salesforce the platform, but also has lots of information about functional knowledge e.g. Change Management
- Ask for help! Salesforce Help is your friend, not a point of failure!
- Reach out to companies to ask for work experience, even just shadowing someone using Salesforce can be beneficial.
- Join Communities. The Salesforce communities are not only great resources for knowledge but are fantastic for meeting others in the ecosystem and making contacts.
- Keep an eye out for user groups and other resources. Keep an eye out for any experience days being put on, either by user groups or by Salesforce themselves.
Don't forget to check out: Unboxing Salesforce Knowledge Rest APIs
You’ll notice that a lot of the advice we are offering is about immersing yourself in the Salesforce community, and there really is no better way to learn Salesforce. Not only can you learn, but you can surround yourselves with experts who can help guide you, and possibly help you steer your knowledge in the direction you would like.
Why not take a look at our selection of Salesforce tutorial videos.