Salesforce accounts are used to store information about customer and entities with which you are working such as government agencies, schools, companies, or individuals. You can store any type of information in these accounts like name, location, website and many more. Information related to the account, such as a contact person, notes,and orders, is stored in other types of records which are listed on the homepage of account and you can locate, create, delete,sort, and filter your accounts from the Accounts tab. You can also change the Account name as per your requirement like client,patient,Employee etc
Salesforce has two types of Accounts –
- Business Account -normally named Account
- Person Account
Business accounts are used to store information about companies or other entities.Business Account works in the B2B Industry . In salesforce, Business account is available in developer, enterprise, performance and unlimited editions and is used in both classic and lightning By default salesforce accounts are business account To create a business account follow these steps-
- Go to Account Tab.
- Click on Account Tab and select New Button.
- Fill the Fields and Account Name is required and important.
- Click on save button.
Person accounts are used to store information about individual people.Person Accounts are of customers like online shoppers, gym members, vacation travelers, or other individual consumers.Person Account will work in the B2C Industry.In salesforce, person account is available in the developer, enterprise, performance and unlimited editions and is use in both classic and lightning.
By default Person account are not enabled in Salesforce.You have to request salesforce for enabling Person Accounts(open a case with Salesforce Support).Before you request salesforce make sure that:
- At least one record type for accounts must have to be available otherwise create a new record type for the account.
- All of the profiles have at least ‘Read’ permissions on the Account and Contacts objects.
- The contact sharing organization-wide default is set to “Controlled by Parent.
Salesforce will also ask for your organization ID (Setup > Company Profile > Company Information) and for your confirmation of understanding that this change is irreversible. When Person Accounts enabled,a new set of menu items is there
- Setup -> Customize -> Accounts
- You can configure Person’s Account page layout like you would any other type of page layout and have to assign the new record type to each of the profiles that need access to it.
- Now you can create a person account,When you click the “New” Account button you’ll receive a picklist asking you which type to create:
- Select person account and fill the form.
- Click on save.