Enable Skype for Salesforce | The Developer Guide
We all are very much familiar with Skype, here I am going to tell you about how skype can be used for Salesforce, coordinates Salesforce and Skype for Business, so your repair and administration (Sales and Service) representatives can send and get texts and see associates' accessibility without leaving Salesforce org. In the event that Notes is empowered in your organization, representatives can likewise spare IM talks as notes and fix them to Salesforce records. Skype for Salesforce is accessible just if your business incorporates a Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise plan that features Skype for Business Online, or a Skype for Business Online permit.
Required Editions to Use Skype in Salesforce
Professional, Developer, Performance, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions
Key Point: Earlier beta forms of Skype for Salesforce included sound and video calling capacity. Microsoft at present is amending Skype sound and video calling support. So for the time being the by and a large accessible variant of Skype for Salesforce does not uphold sound or video calls.
Empower Skype for Salesforce
Empower Skype for Salesforce in your organization so your deals and administration representatives can visit and see who is online without leaving Salesforce.
Don't forge to check out: Sinergify: Tailor Your Unique Business Needs into Salesforce and Jira Integration
To enable skype for your Salesforce:
- Go to setup, in the Quick Find box write Skype for Salesforce, and then select Skype for Salesforce.
- Press on skype chat.
- Alternatively, click Authorize Skype for Salesforce, and ask your organization's Microsoft Office 365 director to sign in to give Salesforce admittance to Skype for Business.
- Your Microsoft Office 365 director can approve Skype for Salesforce for all Skype clients in your organization. In the event that the executive doesn't give Salesforce admittance to Skype for Business, clients should independently approve Salesforce to get to their Skype for Business accounts.
- To enable clients to spare visit discussions, empower Notes for your organization.
- Give representatives Skype Conversation Permissions
Skype for Salesforce incorporates Salesforce and Skype for Business, permitting your organization's deals and administration representatives to speak with one another. To empower representatives to utilize Skype for Salesforce, make an authorization set for Skype clients, and relegate it to them.
To Provide Skype Conversation Permissions
- Go to setup, in the Quick Find box write Permission and then select Permission Sets.
- Now, create a new permission set or select the existing one.
- Choose System Administration and edit.
- Add skype conversation Permission.
- Then Save.
- Now click on Manage Assignments.
- Choose the user whom you want to give access to Skype for Salesforce.
- Then Add Assignments.
As Skype for Salesforce is enabled, users with whom you provide the Skype Conversation permission can see a banner prompting them to log in to Microsoft Office 365. After they link their Microsoft Office 365 account to Salesforce, users can see who is online and chat with contacts.
Include a Skype for Salesforce Component to Records with the Lightning App Builder.
Check out another amazing blog by Mohit here: Cache Lightning Platform Data - Salesforce Developer Guide
After you empower Skype for Salesforce, include Skype for Salesforce segment to records with the Lightning App Builder.
Sign In to Your Skype for Salesforce Account
Before you can start Skype talks inside Salesforce, sign in to Skype for Salesforce with your Skype for Business Online certifications.
Talk with Skype for Salesforce.
Without leaving Salesforce, talk together with your partners and see who all are online by utilizing Skype for Salesforce.